South Asian Weddings
Options

Dupatta Questions

Hello South Asian Knotties!

I bought my dupatta off of Ebay because I stupidly forgot to buy a matching dupatta when I bought my wedding sari. My sari is a mauve-y, lilac-y pink, but more pink than purple, with turquoise, orange and gold as accent colors. My dupatta is fuschia/hot pink, so not really the same pink, but it also has gold and turquoise accents. Do you think it would be okay to wear it with my sari? I didn't want to use my sari pallu to cover my head, but worst case scenario I guess I can end up doing that. 

Also, I'm planning on wearing my hair down on my wedding day, and I'm only going to have the dupatta on for a little while during the ceremony, which is going to be about 45 minutes long. My dupatta is pretty lightweight. What's the best way to wear it? Thanks!

Re: Dupatta Questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi shwethasrin,

There are too many color combos going on in your outfit, I tried to imagine those colors together and its hard to do that, maybe if you can post a pic of a patch of your sari and your dupatta that would be helpful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How important is the dupatta?  I mean, does it have to be super crazy embroidered, or can you just get one dyed to match the colors of your sari?

OR, what if you borrow your mom's wedding dupatta?  I feel like even if it didn't match, the significance of wearing your mom's dupatta could make up for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards