Christian Weddings
Options

Nightmares about Worries!

Okay so I've been having nightmares lately... one of three scenarios:

1) Getting into another car accident, except this time (in the nightmare) I'm the one smashing into the back of a ladder pick-up truck and the ladder comes screeching into my head.  I usually wake up with a writhing sense of doom.

2) Going too far with my FI ... I'm scared about it, and every time I have this scenario play itself out, I wake up panicked and feeling a strong sense of guilt. 

3) Final nightmare: All my bank accounts are zero and I don't have enough gas to get to work, and I have bills in the mailbox...

These impure thoughts have GOT to leave my brain!  It's also time that I let God take care of my worries, but for some reason my psyche likes hanging onto them. 
I'm going to try some Melatonin pills tomorrow night to see if helps quiet my mind.  

I know we ask for prayers a lot on here, but any time you have to remember me in your prayers would be appreciated!!

{Edited to make the post more concise.  Sorry for rambling!}
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Nightmares about Worries!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dreams are a good thing! Don't silence them - they are our bodies way of working out the things that stress us out in life. Rest in the truth that you know in your heart and allow your body to work through the things that are bothering it. I will say a prayer for you that your mind quiets and you are able to rest :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I tried posting to this earlier and it didn't work and I lost all of what I wrote...boo. So I will basically second what Joy wrote, but then also add it is perfectly normal to have those kinds of dreams about FI and it is better they are there rather than reality right now AND...the most important point...it is a good thing it is HIM in the dream and not someone else! lol :) But I will be praying for you to have restful sleep. When I was having trouble sleeping before finding a job and talking financial things over with FI I literally got myself to sleep praying for God's peace and I slept great on nights I did that. Just an idea!
  • Options
    azdancer8azdancer8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I always find that memorizing Bible verses right before bed helps calm me down. Plus, I tend to wake up with those same verses running through my head the next morning. It puts a smile on my face, and helps me sleep better. :)

• Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read an interesting study on why we may dream.  It's a trial run in case we run into those situations in real life.  Apparently, it keeps us "on our toes" in case we really do have that situation.  You may be very worried about running into those scenarios.  They best way to address it maybe is to think about how you'll ensure that they never happen when you're awake, this way you worry less subconsciously.  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

It's horrible when you wake up more stressed than when you went to sleep!

While the melatonin is good, it doesn't start working until you've been taking it for a few nights.  It needs time to build up in your system.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I will say a prayer. Bad dreams are not fun at all, but remember that they are just dreams, not realities. If you wake up thinking about them and are upset, do three things: 1) acknowledge that these thoughts have been put into your head, 2) put them out of your mind, 3)refocus on God. I like the Bible verse suggestion! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the positive support, Knottie friends!!!

I have had a much better day today, and this weekend should be fairly relaxed.  I have had a chance to get more into God's word and my FI and I are planning to do more with that as a couple soon.  
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards