November 2012 Weddings
Options

BM dress issue...

I need some advice-- i have 4 bridesmaids & 1 MOH. All but one BM are in LOVE with the dress that we [possibly] chose. It could be that she had strep throat and wasn't able to come with us dress shopping but i think she just needs to try it on. She is very opinionated, but idk how to handle her...

Re: BM dress issue...

• Options
    Well, honestly, it isn't up to her. You are the bride and if you like it and like the way it looks on them, then you tell her she gets it. Unfortunately you can't please everyone, and in this case since everyone else likes it, and you love it then she really has no choice...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Like you said, maybe take her to see it in person and try it on to help put her mind at ease about it...I'm sure her not being there when everyone else was and just seeing a pic of the dress that was picked wouldn't help. Explain to her nicely how much you love the dress and that you think it will look as great on her as it did everyone else...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2012-weddings_bm-dress-issue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:46c2f53c-680c-4532-aa96-4cca92890b59Discussion:bd50227c-2964-44cf-bace-6a4e83081c20Post:9bc7489f-6f89-41a1-b515-ac1d9b71ff47">Re: BM dress issue...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, honestly, it isn't up to her. You are the bride and if you like it and like the way it looks on them, then you tell her she gets it. Unfortunately you can't please everyone, and in this case since everyone else likes it, and you love it then she really has no choice...
    Posted by christineashley[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree with this completely.</div>
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If everyone's going to be in the same dress (a tradition I feel is still acceptable, with exceptions for very large bridal parties and for unusual body-image/shape issues), you're not going to get all 6 of you to agree. My bridesmaids are just my 2 sisters. They're basically the same size, and have basically the same taste, yet Mom says they'll never agree on a dress; I have to pick.

I'd say, "Thank you very much for being my bridesmaid. The dress is X style and color. Please be sure to order it by Y date."
  • Options
    it is your choice, but personally I will probably let the bridesmaids choose what they want because I want them to like what they are wearing and they are spending the money on the dress so they should like it. I am not going to force someone to get something they don't want because these people are my friends and if you pissed them off while you are a bride by being bridezilla you will probably loose your firends. Just think about that, but it is your choice. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards