November 2012 Weddings
Options

Step-children

Yet another kink gets thrown into our plans. DF was married in '97, right after graduating HS. He and his ex have a 13 year old son. We all live in the same town and have never had any issues with visitation, etc. She openly hates me, due to the relization that DF is not coming back to her. During their marriage she had 3 more children, by 3 more men. Her current tally is 7 and she remarried about a year ago, to a man she had met 3 months prior. They did a court house type thing while the older kids were at school. We found out 6 months later in court when they called her name and it was his last name. Though she still maintains my DF's last name on Facebook. Lovely.
DF recently took DSS to get fitted for his tux, he is a Jr. Groomsmen. DF gets a txt yesterday at work stating, "My son will not be at, let alone in your wedding. You can thank your bright a** girlfriend for planning your wedding on a holiday weekend. Save your money and buy him a pair of shoes. Oh and btw, if you plan on claiming him this year, you'll be dealing with the IRS."
Now let me address this, #1. We have had him for the past three years on Thanksgivings, no issue. #2. He has clothing and shoes at our house, we do not send things to her house due to the fact that the other 6 children, in her 3 bedroom apartment, destroy everything. #3. She has not worked more then 2 months in the past 13 years, she can not legally claim him, but she does have other people claim her other children and then give her half of the money. So we will have to deal with the IRS? Are you serious...
Why is it that some people are so determined to be so misreable? She denies that her decision will hurt my Step-son. 
Are any of you dealing with step-children or crazy ex's? 

11*23*12 95image 38image 28image

Re: Step-children

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards