Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Trash the dress question?

Can any of you ladies that have used your "real" wedding dress as your trash the dress tell me how it held up???
I can't find a ttd that I like and I'm thinking about using my real dress, but I'm worried it will be messed up with sand ect....
I want to wear it again at our AHR so I don't want to ruin it.
Any advice please???
Thanks!

Re: Trash the dress question?

• Options
    I don't have any advice, but I'm thinking about doing the same thing, so thanks for asking this question!  Hopefully we'll get some responses!!!
  • Options

I know a bride who used her dress and the saltwater trashed it.  It is yellow and pretty much ruined..it IS called Trash the dress!  I hope this helps..I know it's not what you wanted to hear!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have a silk (silk satin not taffeta) dress with lace and it came out cleaner than before and perfect.  Jaime's friend's experience is the only bad one I've ever heard. 

I hosed it off in our jacuzzi after and had it cleaned at the resort for $20 (Score!).  I then wore it to our AHR.  So I say, Go for it! 
  • Options
    Im planning on trashing the REAL dress in the water.  I'll keep you posted in two weeks as to how it came out :)
  • Options
    I agree with Jenni and others.  Although I didn't know what TTD was before I came on this Board, I have since met several brides who did exactly that (use their dress) and it came out whiter/cleaner after dry cleaning.  And, in all of the reviews I've read on-line, I dont' think I've read any negative reviews with regard to the dress not cleaning up nicely after dry cleaning.

I have two dresses myself, but I'm thinking I may just use my 'real' dress and save my TTD dress for both the AHR's.
  • Options
    Most of the reviews I've heard said that the dress came out cleaner than before the TTD.
    If we decide to do a TTD session then I'll be wearing my real dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards