Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

destination wedding - RSVP deadline?

Hi ladies,

I'm wondering what others chose as their invitation RSVP deadline - how many weeks before the wedding?

I know what the etiquette books say, but I feel like I need to give myself more time than that, as I won't have the time and resources to make the last-minute adjustments that would be more feasible if I were still at home.

Thanks!

Re: destination wedding - RSVP deadline?

• Options
    I felt the same way! I actually just sent out my invites a few weeks ago. I'm getting married June 29th and made the RSVP date April 15th. I figured that was early enough to get the last minute things done, but not to early for my guests to decide. I know my crowd are people that would have the funds to book a trip like this last minute so the majority would have there trip booked by april. I hope anyway.
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Our wedding is on July 7th and our RSVP date is May 7th. Exactly two months before the wedding.
  • Options
    My wedding is April 20th, and mine is March 1st!  You definitely have more flexibility w/ a DW! :)  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Invites went out last Friday, RSVP is March 1 and wedding is April 14.  We didn't feel pressured about having a close RSVP date because we already knew who would be coming and it was mostly for formality
  • Options
    Our wedding is April 11th and our deadline is March 1st, but we have a really small group otherwise I would have it at least 2 months out. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ours is 1 month to the date, but we sent out e-mail STD's over a year in advance, so we already had a good idea of who was planning to come or not.  Our numbers need to be in 1 week before.

• Options
    My wedding was April 23rd and the RSVP deadline was mid-February.  You need to coordinate with your venue and also your travel agent/resort to determine when they need headcount - then pad it by like another 3 weeks.  You need plenty of time with a DW. 
  • Options
    I didn't do an RSVP. The travel agent keep track of the list and emailed it to us maybe a couple of weeks ago. We have 50 something people going with us.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hello All,

I am planning a destination wedding as we speak. We are getting married December 15, 2013. I have created a website and emailed a "save the date" notice. I do have people who are not computer savvy but don't really expect them to come. When should I send out my inviations. My wedding coordiantor said to do ASAP because those people may want to come or send you gifts before the trip. Should I sent out invitations now or wait like 8 weeks before. Should I still send an invitation to the people I have notified with email? I have the invitations ready to go.
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards