Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Odd point in planning...

We hit the 3 month mark on the 20th!  WOOT WOOT.  Really the 3 month mark should be to the day we leave which is 5/14/10.  I am still working on our invitiations, and waiting for the pockets to arrive.  They were a special order apparently!  So I'm at an odd point in planning...

I can't do much more until I know how many people or a round about number even.  We are inviting 140, but only thinking we will have 60ish.  So here is my list of things that I should get working on...

Play list is about 70% done, need to continue to work on GETTING songs.
Order FI's ring.
Find clothes for FI and Best Man.
Bridal Party Gifts
Parents Gifts
Make list of what still needs to be bought for reception and welcome dinner.

Need numbers to work on...
place cards
favors
OOT bags and filler
programs
menus

I need to...
start tanning
do teeth whitening
finish list of what i need to bring
makeup trial
card for FI

Um, I know there is a ton more, but that is what is on my mind!

Re: Odd point in planning...

• Options
    good work being so organized! 
  • Options
    At least you're this far ahead in the game Cristina!! I have less than two months and my list is a gazillion times yours!!!
  • Options
    I am having the same issue.  A lot of things I have to do cannot be started until I have a head count.  I cannot beleive how close we are!  Remeber back when we thought it was NEVER going to get here!  LOL!!
    New bio with helpful info for DW knotties!
    Ashley & Josh ~ The Reef Resort ~ Grand Cayman~ May 15th 2010
    imageimage
  • Options
    Goo job being organized, Cris!!  I can't believe you're so close! We can't wait to have you on the flip full-time. 

In regard to your list, you might want to get on finding FI's and Best Man's clothes soon.  That could take you a while.  Peter suit we bought relatively early and had no problems, but the groomsmen clothes, we wound up going late for and they just had to get "whatever" (which looked great, but it wasn't exactly what we had in mind).

Also, is there a Theory at the Jersey Shore Outlets off the Parkway?  That's where Peter got his suit (in the Tanger outlets I believe and my stupid preggo brain won't let me remember where) and he got a GREAT deal on it.  Wherever we went to the outlets was also a Tommy Bahama, something you might be interested in for the BM...  our groomsmen clothes came from Century 21 in Long Island, I believe (again, my brain is failing me).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards