October 2012 Weddings
Options

A big check and a DIY check! (pics)

Check: I sent my deposit for my DJ today! and I got a good deal on uplighting! Yay!

1st DIY check: a Cake topper...since our month's siggy is Cake :P
Asian cake toppers are so hard to find so I knew I needed to make one. Fiance did not want a groom's cake, so I'm surprising him with this cake topper instead! He's a sports car enthusiast...and we're actually going to name each table after a car he has owned. His car now which I know he'll keep for a while matches our orange color scheme! :P

Also, this is my first time working with polymer clay and i'm excited at how it turned out. Online artists charged up to $200 for this. Materials cost me less than $25 ( I already had paint) and I used a giftcard! So total cost= $0! I love saving!

Wedding items for sale! Check out our website:

http://www.reyestoy.weebly.com

Photobucket

Anniversary

Re: A big check and a DIY check! (pics)

• Options
    Wow that came out awesome!!!  What kind of car is that?
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That cake topper you made is awesome!! You did an amazing job. Congrats on your checks!
  • Options
    That is so cute. congrats.
    Ms.Krys Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    that's awesome!! Very nice work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_a-big-check-and-a-diy-check-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:2420fa01-7423-40d1-8c4f-86170f38eb58Post:48c72411-4a3e-47bb-be13-f395820208b5">Re: A big check and a DIY check! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow that came out awesome!!!  <strong>What kind of car is that?</strong>
    Posted by Cathyl7910[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the comments everyone! It's a Lotus Exige...it's British with a Toyota engine...that's all I know. I just nod and smile when he talks about cars...but he does the same when I talk about scrapbooking. :P

Photobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    love how the topper came out!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Love your cake topper.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good work!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_a-big-check-and-a-diy-check-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:2420fa01-7423-40d1-8c4f-86170f38eb58Post:953f4219-521b-43b0-8777-a82e3c0994fe">Re: A big check and a DIY check! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: A big check and a DIY check! (pics) : Thanks for the comments everyone! It's a Lotus Exige...it's British with a Toyota engine...that's all I know. I just nod and smile when he talks about cars...but he does the same when I talk about scrapbooking. :P
    Posted by ReyesToy[/QUOTE]

Ha!!  We must be related.  I do understand some stuff about cars and whatnot which I why I asked the question, but not that much so when we got to cars shows and stuff, I do alot of "oh that looks nice, what is it?"  And FI does the same thing to me when it comes to scrapbooking and card making.  I am doing a card swap with the DW board for Valentine's Day and he can't understand why I put so much work into making the cards!!  He's funny!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    That cake topper is too cute! I'm impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What an awesome job!!!! Down to the very last detail. I love that the lic. plate is the wedding date. LOVE IT!!!!
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Oh...I meant to ask...is that a Lotus?
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Super cute! Congrats on the checks!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • Options
    That is so beyond incredible! I'm so impressed! I wish I was artsy enough to be able to make my cake topper - I really have no idea what we'll do for ours yet. I might "borrow" your idea and see about one being made of us riding in his car. He has a Mustange GT (non-convertible, we'd have to "pretend" for the cake topper) and we both love it. Plus it's dark red, which is one of our colors.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Yeah, you tooootally inspired me. :D I just put a bid in on an eBay auction for a diecast model of FI's car.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_a-big-check-and-a-diy-check-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:2420fa01-7423-40d1-8c4f-86170f38eb58Post:bebcf010-27cf-4330-82f2-c7e7e6374e29">Re: A big check and a DIY check! (pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, you tooootally inspired me. :D I just put a bid in on an eBay auction for a diecast model of FI's car.
    Posted by violakat03[/QUOTE]

I think that'll look great on your cake and since his car's color matches your color scheme, you HAVE TO do it! Good luck on your cake topper! Glad I inspired you!

Photobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards