Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

30 day shred girls

I decided to be ambitious and start today when I got home from work.  I am DYING!  I can't believe I am that out of shape that I almost didn't make it through a 20 minute work out.   I used soda cans instead of hand weights because I don't have any, so I am going to stop and pick some up this week at Target.  They recommend 3lb and 5lb hand weights.

Just an FYI - for anyone who has Comcast on demand, the 30 day shred level 1 (which is what we are all obviously on) is available on demand under the exercise header, fit tv, "Jillian Michaels" category.  It's completely free, so now no one has an excuse to NOT join us! :)

So every tuesday we will report our progess (how many times we did the shred that week, and if we lost any weight).  Sound good!?  First 'official' check in can be next tuesday, but feel free to reply here for now if you did it for the first time tonite or tommorow and want to share your experiences.

Re: 30 day shred girls

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first few days are KILLER.  But if you do it everyday, by the 3rd day it gets MUCH better.  Only problem, I finally got used to Level 1 so I moved to Level 2 and immediately felt out-of-shape all over again.  If you think 1 is bad, 2 made me cry.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Capa,
    How often do they recommend you do it?  I know in the other thread bridetobe said she did it 3x a week.  I was thinking 3x sounded good, but wasnt sure the recommended amount because I don't have the actual packaging that comes w the DVD.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto CA2PA... level 2 sucks big time! I tried it one time, and it killed me. Level 1 is much better.

ooodsie- When I started to do the 30DS again from a few month break I felt like I was going to dye too!

Are you guys doing it everyday or just 3 times a week?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made a personal goal to do it 5x a week.  I figured that way I'd be doing 20 out of 30 days.  I pushed through the 1st three days in a row though.  It was painful and I walked around competely stiff for a few days but it really broke through the pain for me and everything was easier after that.

Then I did Level 2 one time and gave up haha.  I plan to start back when I fly back to California.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oops I lied - My goal was 6-7 days out of ten and I would up the level after 10 days.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You go girl! I might try to do it more than 3 days, I was going to do it M-W-F and then just take walks other days.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been doing the shred for about a month now, and I really like it.

However, JEGs and I are taking it to the next level starting Thursday-- P90X.

I'm starting off at 123 lbs.  I would really love to hit 115 for the wedding.

Lets do this.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay I'll put it out there too.. I am starting out at 154lbs (don't judge, I am tall!) .. Wedding weight was 140.  Goal weight is back down to 140 again, and to feel fit and toned.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     I weigh about 150 and want to be about 140. I am also tall! :) I am 5 foot 6.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You've got a head start on me bride.. It's the race to 140! :)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yikes...can't believe I'm gonna say this big number on the board.

I'm 213
    My non-negotiable weight by the wedding is at-most: 195.

The good news...I've already lost 15lbs in 3 months.  (Although it's now getting a lot harder)
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nice job Capa - 15 lbs in 3 months is awesome!
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    Hey girls! I'm not going to participate in the 30 day shred because I just joined a 6 week bootcamp regime but I'd love to part take in the weekly progress reports. I weigh 152 and sadly I can't use being tall as an excuse because I'm 5'3''. But I do have a lot of muscle in my legs.  Regardless, I want to get back down to 140 ideally 130-135 but I'd be really happy with 140.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh btw, I love Jillian Michael's videos. I have the No Trouble Zones and I liked that one a lot too especially for your arms.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_30-day-shred-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6cf62b4a-b5f6-40d1-8642-9a083be1cfbbPost:344311a1-ac0b-498e-b907-ea0b338664d9">Re: 30 day shred girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]You've got a head start on me bride.. It's the race to 140! :)
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

I am not incredibly concerned with the number as much as I am with how I look in the mirror. I am glad I am not 180 anymore though :)  That is a number I wish to never see again! 

Let the race begin haha! ;)
  • Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My 30DS DVD came in the mail yesterday!!  I have to admit I am not going to start until next week, becuase this week is just too busy for me to focus on it.  I am also going to a bootcamp class every Monday night, so the 30DS may only  be 2 days a week for me.  I am starting at 145 and would like to be 130 by the wedding.  The only downfall is that my dress fits me perfectly right now, just a little snug in the stomach area, which is why I am doing all of this.  But now I am afraid I am going to have to pay a ton on alterations.  Oh well, it will be worth it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm only an occasional poster, but I want in!

Does anyone know if Fios has the 30 day shred too? I will have to search for it! I've been doing WW since October. I started at 170, am down to 155 (and I'm not tall either... 5'2"). I'd like to get to 140 before the wedding but my last fitting is in 3 weeks so I will get as close to that as possible, then finish getting to my goal after the wedding. Fi and I have started to take walks everyday after dinner too. Congrats to all the weight loss so far ladies :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I personally liked Level 2 moreso than Level 1! I'd like to lose at least 10 more pounds, but if I don't I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I think I look great in my dress (and overall) but it couldn't hurt to be more fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_30-day-shred-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6cf62b4a-b5f6-40d1-8642-9a083be1cfbbPost:31d333b6-cb1e-41a1-b073-5e9109e93781">Re: 30 day shred girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally liked Level 2 moreso than Level 1! I'd like to lose at least 10 more pounds, but if I don't I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I think I look great in my dress (and overall) but it couldn't hurt to be more fit.
    Posted by steffiel[/QUOTE]

You have me thinking I should give level 2 another try! I might try it today if I feel up to it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it this morning!

I can't do push ups for the life of me! The dog also thought I was trying to play, she will have to be caged from now on.

dreaded numbers...last night I weighed in at 183. It is actually down 5lbs from when I started serving which makes me happy. I would like to be at most 145, because I am 5'4 and that is the heaviest I should be to be considered "healthy".

haha Kim I would of never thought to use soda cans!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole- Do the 'girl' pushups instead like I do :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    BTB - I try, my butt just wont stay down! I attempt, I just don't know if I am being successful. I think I need Jillian in person!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well keep it up, you will be better soon. I wish I had a Jillian to help me too, not the biggest looser one though, the 30DS version, biggest looser Jillian is MEAN! haha!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dog thought I was trying to play too!  and my cat kept pouncing on my hands when I would do the fly down arm thing.  Starting today dog will be outside and cat will be in the bedroom when I do it!  

I agree number is not a concern at all if my clothes fit good and I feel comfortable.  I know from past experience that approx 15 lbs less is where my comfortable point is, assuming some of it is muscle and I am toned.  So realistically my goal is to fit into a few pairs of older tight jeans I have in my closet.. and feel good wearing them :)  I hold ALL of my weight in my stomach, literally.  With summer coming it's a lot harder to hide it - winter is easy and probably why I allowed myself to gain it.. stomachs can be easily covered with sweaters and jackets!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_30-day-shred-girls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:6cf62b4a-b5f6-40d1-8642-9a083be1cfbbPost:ef287368-2dcd-496d-8b34-7af291afc0e1">Re: 30 day shred girls</a>:
    [QUOTE]My 30DS DVD came in the mail yesterday!!  I have to admit I am not going to start until next week, becuase this week is just too busy for me to focus on it.  I am also going to a bootcamp class every Monday night, so the 30DS may only  be 2 days a week for me.  I am starting at 145 and would like to be 130 by the wedding.  <strong>The only downfall is that my dress fits me perfectly right now,</strong> just a little snug in the stomach area, which is why I am doing all of this.  But now I am afraid I am going to have to pay a ton on alterations.  Oh well, it will be worth it!
    Posted by Amy4282[/QUOTE]

It's the same situation for me! My dress fits perfectly now too and when I lose weight I'll need alterations. Oh well, it's a strapless and I want my arms to look awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You may not need major alterations if you are turning fat into muscle.  Your body composition will change, but if you're also adding muscle it may not be as major in the alternations department that you're thinking.  Regardless, you'd pay to have tone arms right?  So just think of it that way when you're writing your alteration check out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Regardless, you'd pay to have tone arms right?

I would literally pay! ha! This is my biggest concern. I plan on doing The Firm boot camp along with the 30DS. I read that it is the best for toning. 30DS is best for cardio.

You girls have me so motivated even though I am still sick!
  • Options
    Amy4282Amy4282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will definitely pay for toned arms, especially because the area right near your armpit looked really flabby when I tried on my dress - there will be none of that! haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to jump in too. I'm 5'4" starting at 141. A few years ago I was at my highest of 179 and did Weight Watchers and in 8 months I was down to 118. Sadly, I left myself go again. I'd really like to get to about 125 because since then I've gained a ton of muscle. I do training 2x per week with a personal trainer who really really works me hard, but I need to get the cardio and eating back on track.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Did day 2 of the shred just now.  I am in PAIN!!!  I bought myself some weights today so when I did it I used 3 lb weights.  I can feel the burn from the weights already so I can only imagine how bad it will hurt tomorrow!  I am going to do it for the 3rd day in a row tomorrow, and then the inlaws are visiting until Monday.. So tomorrow will most likely be my last day doing it (since I have to rearrange the entire family room to make room). At least that will be 3x in the first week, and then next week my goal is to do 5 days.  :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards