July 2012 Weddings
Options

Another July 2012 bride here!

Hi ladies!

My name is Heather and I recently became engaged about a month ago, on November 12th. My FI and I have decided on a July 2012 wedding, mainly because I have always wanted a wedding in July, and since he is graduating in May of '12 and I am graduating in May of '11, we will both be done with school and hopefully have some money saved.

Even though I am going to be done a year earlier than my FI, he is actually a year older than I am. He is in the NG and served 2 tours of duty in Iraq while in college. We are really hoping that he won't get deployed again before July 2012, but we are just going to think positive on that one. We have been together for a little over three years and we have a DD who just turned 2 on Friday (she will be our flower girl!).

Anyway I am excited to connect with other brides getting married at the same time as we are! I already feel like I am behind in the planning. We are from Wisconsin and we are meeting with our hopeful venue (The Osthoff) on the 22nd and will hopefully book our date! They only had the 7th and the 28th available (already!) and they are holding the 28th for us. We have chosen our photographer and are meeting with her for the first time in January to choose a package. I really want to get going on securing the church, flowers, musicians, and cake, but I can't really do any of that yet until we have our date set in stone. I think I've decided that I want a pink and yellow wedding with orange and ivory accents. This planning thing is so much fun!

Re: Another July 2012 bride here!

• Options
    Congrats and welcome!!  Can't wait to hear about your ideas and planning!!
  • Options
    Congrats!!! It sounds like you've got a good handle on everything! I can't wait to hear about all your plans! We haven't even thought about a church yet but we found a photographer we like, venue, but no flowers yet or DJ either! I'm not sure how some couples plan a wedding in a year or less! I'd go insane!
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome! I recently got my date set and its a big releif. Our church is booked and so is our photographer and venue. Looking forward to exchanging ideas!
  • Options
    Congratulations! and welcome to July 2012! My FI and I are planning to book our venue on Jan. 8th and have talked to the church.. but are waiting hear back from them. Photographer is up in the air between 2 guys, but I'm excited too!

Like everyone else, I can't wait the day gets closer and we all have pictures to share! :) Good luck planning!
  • Options
    congrats and welcome we have our venue booked we are currently researching photogs and dj's :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome!! FI and I are getting married on July 13 of 2012... his parent's anniversary. We didn't realize it was a Friday the 13th until later, but it doesn't bother us. We actually think it's kind of cool now... a running gag!!

My fiancee and I are both graduating May of '12 too. We live in Puerto Rico but I'm originally from MN and LOVE WI. Have some cheese for me... haha.

You guys are ahead of us as far as planning is concerned... keep up the good work!!

Congratulations and best of luck!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards