South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Chas. Knotties List

13»

Re: Chas. Knotties List

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, I'm still planing, but I've already signed contracts for my Ceremony and Hall site.

St. Lukes Chapel, MUSC
    Edisto Hall at James Island County Park

Wedding is April 9, 2011

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/traciemuntz&williamramsey

• Options
    edited December 2011
    June 18, 2011
    Ceremony & Reception at The American Theater
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Allen+SmithAllen+Smith member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_chas-knotties-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:600Discussion:10368675Post:7ecd5117-0bf1-4759-be43-4c8fae0dd4d3">Re: Chas. Knotties List</a>:
    [QUOTE]June 18, 2011 Ceremony & Reception at The American Theater
    Posted by nicolethegrrr8[/QUOTE]

You are going to LOOOOVE PatProp's catering!!! We just had our tasting with them two weeks ago, and all my FI tells people now is if everything else falls apart on our wedding day, at least we'll still have phenomenal food!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great idea!

We're getting married March 26, 2011 at Lowndes Grove.
    tiffandshel.tumblr.com
    www.tiffandshel.com/wedding

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Options
    katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    April 10 2011 ceremony at Confederate Home on Broad St, followed by reception at McCrady's.
  • Options
    amgarvinamgarvin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 11, 2011
    Ceremony is at the First United Methodist Church on IOP and reception is at the Sand Dunes Club on Sullivan's Island :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    9/25/10  reception and ceremony at Wild Dunes on IOP.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    courtnstephen: How did your wedding go? Did you like the venue? I'm thinking about getting married there June of 2011.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10/14/11  Boone Hall - Cotton Dock Ceremony & Reception
    Chi Photography
    New Dream Catering
    Plane Jane (our gift to ourselves)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.generationsofdesigns.com Our company has been doing onsite beauty services for over 20 years. Check out our specials. read client reviews on wedding wire. look forward to hearing from you .
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    May 14, 2011
    Boone Hall Cotton Dock - Ceremony & Reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations! I am getting married there May 6 and I haven't even seen the property but I heard its beautiful.  Any food reccomendations and who did you use for your cake? 
  • Options
    Jeni1090Jeni1090 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing Magnolia Gardens May 2, 2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    April 9, 2011
    Ceremony:  St. Luke's Chapel, MUSC - 4pm
    Reception:  Edisto Hall, JICP
    Theme:  Charleston Scottish
    Officiant:   Dr Danny Massie
    Photographer:  Richard Singleton, A Click in Time Photography
    A Click In Time Photography
    Florist:  DesignsbyLee
    DJ:  Complete Music
    Ceremony Musician:  Pete Armstrong, Official Piper for the Charleston Scottish Society
    Caterer:  Roxanne Baker
    http://global.theknot.com/tickers/tte2f62.aspx
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    November 26, 2011
    St. Paul's Lutheran Church
    Boone Hall Cotton Dock

Has anyone been married in the smaller St. Paul's Chapel????
  • Options
    brooks55brooks55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    September 24, 2011
    venue: Cottage on the Creek
    catering/bar: Cafe Catering
    band: Two 3 Ways - yay!!!
    rentals: Stage PresenceRentals & Snyder Rentals
    don't have a photographer as of yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    11/11/11
    Venue: Waterfront park (I think by the big pineapple)
    Reception: High Cotton
    Entertainment: Post-dinner bar hopping in the historic district
    Photographer: Anna McSwain

This is a DW for us, so we have almost no direct experience with any of these places. If any locals have any advice I'd be glad to hear it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    April 28, 2012

Middleton Place Plantation-Rice Mill Pond for our ceremony and the Pavilion for our reception
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_chas-knotties-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:10368675Post:61821797">Chas. Knotties List</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good idea! Our wedding is March 20, 2010 at Middleton Place plantation for both the ceremony and reception! Thanks,Catherine
    Posted by wexy2284[/QUOTE]

I hope you loved your wedding at MP!  I am getting married there April 12, 2012.  Any words of advice for MP?

Thank you!
    Melissa
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Cotton Dock on June 2, 2012
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in downtown Charleston at the waterfront park on October 25, 2009. We followed with a very simple and upbeat reception/dinner party using the upstairs of Gilligan's restaurant on Market Street. We use the circular Holiday Inn for our wedding night hotel, then headed off on a Bahamas cruise the next day.

It was perfect! I am a Charleston native and used all of my knowledge of the area to put together a beautiful wedding on a very low budget.

My husband is a wedding photographer (www.southerncharmphoto.com), transplanted from Missouri (I imported him), and he actually sat with a friend of ours and taught her how to take our wedding photographs, which he then did all of the graphic post-work on and we ended up with amazing wedding photography! The most important part of our day (apart from the dress, of course) was our wedding photography. We did a few little things that made our wedding non-traditional for a deep south wedding, but traditional for an Irish wedding (like jumping a broom and a hand binding ceremony), and we wanted to make sure all of those traditions were caught in the photos.

The most important detail of my wedding day was including my mother - which was difficult because she passed away in 2003 of breast cancer. So, on each of my attendant's dresses, and on my wedding gown, we each wore pink ribbons, made of pink rhinestones; on our wedding cake, the bottom tier featured a big pink ribbon; and in our bouquets (which were made with traditional Charleston sweetgrass roses), we tied little pink ribbons, all in honor of my mother. Honoring her like that, making her a part of my wedding day even though she wasn't with me physically, was my most beautiful memory.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_chas-knotties-list?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:10368675Post:9a048db5-bc71-4f4b-8661-e9787b89a77c">Re: Chas. Knotties List</a>:
    [QUOTE]11/11/11 Venue: Waterfront park (I think by the big pineapple) Reception: High Cotton Entertainment: Post-dinner bar hopping in the historic district Photographer: Anna McSwain This is a DW for us, so we have almost no direct experience with any of these places. If any locals have any advice I'd be glad to hear it!
    Posted by WaterPig83[/QUOTE]

I had my ceremony at the waterfront park - beautiful location! Just make sure you have a backup spot planned, just in case it rains. You shouldn't have issues with rain in November, but you just never know.

Also, it will be pretty chilly because you are right on the water and there is a pretty good wind that comes in off the battery. Make sure you have your hair/veil well-secured, and don't choose dresses that will freeze your attendants. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having everything at the same location
    Place: Memminger Hall, Downtown Charleston,
    Date: August 31,2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aclickintimephotography.com/ Richard Singleton is awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MarieBRMarieBR member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi everyone! :)
  • Options
    Jaree927Jaree927 member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    April 13, 2013 Ceremony: New Tabernacle Fourth Baptist Church Reception: Francis Marion Hotel No bio yet...still working on it :)
  • Options
    Date:  September 29, 2012
    Venue:  Harborside East in Mount Pleasant
  • Options
    17 December 2012
    The Gazebo in White Point Gardens (Battery Park)
    Dinner/Reception at Molly Darcy's Irish Restaurant on Market
    :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm getting married April 5, 2014 at Daniel Island Club.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards