Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Ceremony/reception venues in Louisville and outlying areas

My fiance and I have been browsing the websites of a few places and we've  come into a bit of a snag. We are positive we want a venue that will allow us to have an outdoor wedding(and accommodate in case of bad weather) We don't want something that is affiliated with any specific religion as our family and friends come from various backgrounds and we'd like some place that is naturally beautiful. So far we've only been able to find a place called Yew Dell Gardens in Crestwood but they have a rather strict catering policy. Can anyone offer suggestions? It would be nice if the venue was in the Louisville area but we're willing to travel outside of Louisville as long as it isn't ridiculously far outside of Louisville. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Re: Ceremony/reception venues in Louisville and outlying areas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    125 people
  • Options
    SomethinBluSomethinBlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Locust Grove has a very lenient catering policy.
  • Options
    tigger9922tigger9922 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    overjoyed, we are getting married at Persimmon Ridge and it sounds like what you are looking for.  Very beautiful setting, natural.  They are very affordable and your amount of guest will be comfortable there, they can accomodate around 275.  Sheryl is awesome and very on top of things there.  check it out.  good luck. My old KY home is beautiful too, my cousin was married there about 5 years ago.  they made all their own food and saved a bundle.  www.persimmonridge.com  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding and reception is being held at Sawyer-Hayes as well. They do have outdoor spaces. But, their reception area can be divided into two areas, one smaller than the other. We're having 125 guests and in case of bad weather can partition the large room into a smaller room for the ceremony (which still has big windows which you can see the outdoors) and then still have enough room for the reception in the larger portion of the reception hall. They are very affordable and allow you to have any caterer and bring your own alcohol. Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are open to getting married in S. Indiana Huber farms has a wedding package.  It's not something I could do since they have a minimun 100 persons.  [url]<a href="http://www.joehubers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=86" rel='nofollow'>http://www.joehubers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=63&Itemid=86</a>[/url]
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am new to this blog. Mellwood Arts center allows you to use any vendors/catering. You get the room from 8am-2am. If you get the middle sized room there is a balcony and I have even seen outside ceremonies done there too. Very contemp/modern feel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards