Canada-Ontario

Re: Some pro pics

• Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful - I love all the different picture style and the bright pop from the red details!
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks :) Our photographer definitely did many different styles. I love all the pictures.

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting! Your pics are absolutely gorgeous. What a beautiful venue, and great dress. Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are awesome!  Love it. 

Congrats!
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    great pictures, your ceremony spot looks amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful pictures, and a great venue!
    I recognized it right away after staying there once, years ago!

Congrats!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beauuuuutiful pics!! Huge congrats! They are so lovely!
  • Options
    mcrotondomcrotondo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    where is this venue?  it is lovely
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The venue is "The Best Western: Lamplighter Inn." It's in London.

I loved it the moment I saw the atrium.
  • Options
    RevangelRevangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Lamplighter too!! What did you think of it? Any suggestions for having a wedding there? What did you do for the food and what did you think about it? Haha so many questions. My wedding is January 8th, 2011 and I was super excited to book the lamplighter but haven't figured out the details yet. We were going to do the ceremony there, as well as the reception in the Crystal Ballroom, but now we are doing the ceremony at my family's church in Aylmer, but I still think the Atrium is a lovely place for a ceremony. Lovely pictures!
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Your photos are beautiful.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_pro-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:1841c8c5-b7cd-40f0-b494-d82781e52f69Post:1d4bdf43-6405-4820-9d4c-3c0651378435">Re: Some pro pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having my wedding at the Lamplighter too!! What did you think of it? Any suggestions for having a wedding there? What did you do for the food and what did you think about it? Haha so many questions. My wedding is January 8th, 2011 and I was super excited to book the lamplighter but haven't figured out the details yet. We were going to do the ceremony there, as well as the reception in the Crystal Ballroom, but now we are doing the ceremony at my family's church in Aylmer, but I still think the Atrium is a lovely place for a ceremony. Lovely pictures!
    Posted by Revangel[/QUOTE]

We loved the Lamplighter. All of our guests loved that the ceremony and reception were at the same location. They didn't need to travel or anything. Although you're only in Alymer, so that's not too far away. We chose the all in one package. It includes the alcohol and food plus the chair covers. We chose their centre pieces to use and they were perfect. They were also free, so why not choose them right? We started with Italian Wedding soup, then had a mixed field greens salad. We had the duo of beef and chicken with vegetables and roasted potatoes for our entree. For dessert we chose two. We chose their sorbet and their turtle cheesecake. Those were given out to every other person. You could of course have your wedding cake served instead of one of their desserts. My cake was a slab, so we had it set out with our late night buffet at 11pm. Everyone loved the food  and we did too. It was amazing quality and tasted amazing. As you can see we did the seated meal, but you could also do the buffet. Whichever you choose I'm sure the food is the same quality. Now our bill for the food was $100/ person. That included alcohol (wine poured for each table and a glass of champagne),and  the whole meal. We paid extra for the cocktail hour and the late night buffet. You can choose whichever food you would like for those. We had veggie trays and sandwiches for the late night buffet, as well as coffee and tea and my cake.

You have the Crystal Ballroom? WOW! That's the big one. It's beautiful in there. We chose the Regency Ballroom. It was beautful. You must be having a lot of guests. If you want a great decorator we chose "To Suit Your Fancy." We loved the decor she had. She does have a few pricey things, but we only chose what we wanted. Also definitely find a small town flower shop to do your flowers. My mom has a friend in Parkhill that did all our flowers (bouts, bride bouquet, bridesmaids, corsages, and my cake topper) for only $350. That included delivery too. Our favours were from Rocky Mountain Chocolate factory and ended up being $350 I think. They were milk chocolate truffles that looked like a bride and a groom. We alternated them at the place settings. There were absolutely none leftover. :( I wanted some! haha Our DJ was from Complete Music. They are located in Kitchener. We paid $700 for 2 DJs. They played from the cocktail hour at 5pm to 1am. We got the deal from a bridal show, so make sure to check some of those out.

The hospitality honeymoon suite that you get is pretty nice. It was the tub and a huge king size bed. They even have champagne and a few treats waiting for you. I know we didn't get to bed until 3:30am. Our reception went until 1am and I would  advise against that. Everyone was gone by midnight except for us and the groomsmen, and our parents.

I definitely think you'll enjoy the Lamplighter. Have lots of fun planning and if you need any advice or ideas I'm always here to help. :) Goodluck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and DON'T eat any meals at Shelly's Tap and Grill. We were going to have our rehearsal dinner there, but the food was not very good. My in-laws ate their the day before the rehearsal and had horrible service. We changed and had ours at the Mandarin instead. It was just down the road. You're having your ceremony in Alymer, so I'm sure you have an idea of where you want to have the dinner. Probably somewhere closer? :)

Anyways just thought I would give you a heads up about their restaurant.

The restaurant is separte from the hotel, so the food for your wedding is NOT from there. Don't worry.
  • Options
    RevangelRevangel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input Rachel! I really appreciate it! Sounds like your wedding went so smoothly and I'm even more excited for mine now. Hehe. Congrats! Btw.

Yes we have the Crystal Ballroom, but just the north half, with the bay window, as we have 150 guests. We were thinking of doing the all-inclusive package too as it sounded like a good deal. Food is one thing I was concerned about as I've never eaten there before (can't wait for the taste test) but I'm glad to hear it was really good. Thanks for all the suggestions for vendors as well, I've only booked my photographer so far, so I'll have to check some of them out! Also, thanks for the heads up on Shelly's....I had heard before that their service was slow and whatnot, and it's interesting to hear that that is still true. I will warn my guests to stay away too, if I get a chance.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No problem :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Share more when you get them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards