Catholic Weddings
Options

**professor**

Why did you close the below thread?  I didnt see anyone yelling. 

As someone who was raised in the Catholic church, I dont understand why we cant have a dialogue about this issue.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: **professor**

• Options
    Chels was actually the only one who used all caps in the whole thread, so what's up with that professor? Shouldn't it have been closed then? Or are people with different opinions just not allowed to post on an open forum?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:0464ece9-1d44-42c8-8cdd-5c1e0ddbae69">**professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Why did you close the below thread?  I didnt see anyone yelling.  As someone who was raised in the Catholic church, I dont understand why we cant have a dialogue about this issue.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

<div>Either agree or get out Button.  Because Obviously every.single.catholic.in.existence thinks the same way as the girls here and interperets church teachings the same way.</div>
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    I'm not suggesting that we all have to agree, but we've been down this exact road before.  What was happening in the previous thread was, admittedly, a good topic, but mixed in with all kinds of back-handed insults directed either at the board as a whole or specific members of the board.  You want to have a discussion, please feel free.  But please don't come to this board claiming that every human has a right to respect while simultaneously insulting other posters.
    Anniversary

• Options
    Wow, good to know that the catholic boards response to discussion of such "dangerous" ideals is to close the discussion.  Way to be open to other ideas outside of your own.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to Re:professor:[QUOTE]Chels was actually the only one who used all caps in the whole thread, so what's up with that professor? Shouldn't it have been closed then? Or are people with different opinions just not allowed to post on an open forum? Posted by ahhhitsshannyn[/QUOTE]

Separate but equal
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:52512240-3bc3-45de-8fea-17272439a895">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not suggesting that we all have to agree, but we've been down this exact road before.  What was happening in the previous thread was, admittedly, a good topic, but mixed in with all kinds of back-handed insults directed either at the board as a whole or specific members of the board.  You want to have a discussion, please feel free.  But please don't come to this board claiming that every human has a right to respect while simultaneously insulting other posters.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>The previious thread broke no TOS rules so you had no right to close it, but anyways...</div><div>
    </div><div>My response to your last sentence is that you may think defending peoples rights is "insulting" to you and your friends, but there are some catholics that find the things that you all said just as insulting

</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lol and this is why I'm learning a lot from these boards, but I keep my disagreements to myself.  I think that just as long as the Catholic church isn't forced to perform same-sex marriages, it is not under their jurisdiction to decide how this bill is passed. The Catholic Church is allowed to discriminate, but the Federal and State Governments are not.

I think that whoever brought up this topic was asking for an ish storm.
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Okay, but I hope that goes both ways, because being scoffed at for being "secular" is pretty disrespectful, too.

In the future, I'll be sure to avoid this board, since an open-minded Catholic like myself is CLEARLY not welcome here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    That thread escalated rather quickly into hateful and immature language and general unproductive nastiness. If there is truly a civil discussion to have, then start a new thread and hopefully everyone can maintain their composure.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:52512240-3bc3-45de-8fea-17272439a895">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not suggesting that we all have to agree, but we've been down this exact road before.  What was happening in the previous thread was, admittedly, a good topic, but mixed in with all kinds of back-handed insults directed either at the board as a whole or specific members of the board.  You want to have a discussion, please feel free.  But please don't come to this board claiming that every human has a right to respect while simultaneously insulting other posters.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Nobody was insulting anyone.  Unless you think arguing for equality is insulting someone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:27ab7a47-5daa-4ba6-97a6-a506172cf6f3">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]That thread escalated rather quickly into hateful and immature language and general unproductive nastiness. If there is truly a civil discussion to have, then start a new thread and hopefully everyone can maintain their composure.
    Posted by Riss91[/QUOTE]

<div>If you've been around this place since 2008 then you should know better than to call that hateful and immature language.  </div>
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:50d2f2db-c599-40b9-b691-a3ea46164056">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **professor** : The previious thread broke no TOS rules so you had no right to close it, but anyways... My response to your last sentence is that you may think defending peoples rights is "insulting" to you and your friends, but there are some catholics that find the things that you all said just as insulting
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure she closed it because people were being out right rude. I don't believe I'm the only one who found it incredibly rude when blue eyed stated what our beliefs were and laughed in our faces about it.  I'm sorry you don't agree and that it makes you feel better to make fun of others beliefs.

Also, in response to your last post on that thread blue eyed I generally don't go trolling on other boards where I know there's stuff I probably won't agree with.  What most appalled me was your thoughts on what African Americans and Muslims think.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Honestly, Riss, why bother?  I dont like being accused of being uncivil and frankly, the lack of civility was apparent in that thread long before I even posted.

Like I said, there's no room for difference of opinion here based on the choice to close the thread despite no obvious TOS violations.  Starting a new thread will just mean you all will watch it like hawks and shut it down at the mere sight of anyone straying from the strict path dictated here.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:8f78c4c1-6c65-48c4-aaba-a99775c9dac1">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **professor** : I'm pretty sure she closed it because people were being out right rude. I don't believe I'm the only one who found it incredibly rude when blue eyed stated what our beliefs were and laughed in our faces about it.  I'm sorry you don't agree and that it makes you feel better to make fun of others beliefs. Also, in response to your last post on that thread blue eyed I generally don't go trolling on other boards where I know there's stuff I probably won't agree with. <strong><u> What most appalled me was your thoughts on what African Americans and Muslims think.</u></strong>
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]

<div>Im sorry, but are you high?  The fact that you didnt see the irony in that post just proves the whole point I was making, so thank you for that.</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    button6004button6004 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2013
    Shawna, I found your post to be outright rude.  Is it really that shocking to you that a Catholic woman could believe in gay marriage?

Instead, you accused folks like myself of being secular trolls and I got the impression you dont feel I (or any of the other posters supporting gay marriage) should post here.

THAT is rude and offensive.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Yes, yes I am high thank you for that.  You truly are a gem.  Obviously posting on this board for the time being is useless.  Loving the mob mentality though, keep it up ladies.  May the Lord Bless you and keep all of you, you'll be in my prayers :o

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:f52b2203-7a46-48d5-82d0-e8c6d011503e">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, yes I am high thank you for that.  You truly are a gem.  Obviously posting on this board for the time being is useless.  Loving the mob mentality though, keep it up ladies.  <strong>May the Lord Bless you and keep all of you, you'll be in my prayers</strong> :o) 

Does this mean you are going to overlook the part where I found you to be offensive?

Furthermore, I dont appreciate the condescending end to your post bolded above.  I dont need you to keep me in your prayers, I am fortunate to be blessed with a wonderful life.

Riss and Professor, are you going to stop this kind of behavior? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:f52b2203-7a46-48d5-82d0-e8c6d011503e">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, yes I am high thank you for that.  You truly are a gem.  Obviously posting on this board for the time being is useless.  Loving the mob mentality though, keep it up ladies.  May the Lord Bless you and keep all of you, you'll be in my prayers :o) 
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>So are you really saying that the reaction to the hateful bigotry that was being discussed on "your" thread, should be "well if you are not catholic, why are you here??"</div><div>
    </div><div>Thats like saying if I walk by a KKK meeting and here racist stuff that I should shut my mouth because, well, im not a KKK member!</div><div>
    </div><div>That was my point when mentioning other boards.  If you were over on the Jewish board, and there was a thread about how Muslims suck, would you really not say anything because, hey, youre not Muslim!</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: and implying that I said that all Jewish and African Americans have beliefs like i used in my example was ridiculous.  But there are some Jews and some African Americans who DO feel that way.  Just like your views on gay marriage only represent a small section of your religion.  </div><div>

</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Is that the Catholic version of "bless your heart"?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:664cef2e-8377-4c25-ae62-ba75cabb94a3">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Shawna, I found your post to be outright rude.  Is it really that shocking to you that a Catholic woman could believe in gay marriage? Instead, you accused folks like myself of being secular trolls and I got the impression you dont feel I (or any of the other posters supporting gay marriage) should post here. THAT is rude and offensive.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]

Button, I'm sorry. FYI, I never said secular trolls.  I said secular ladies and used the word trolling.  I said people were trolling, looking for people who have different beliefs than you and then laughing at them.  The reason I said secular is because that is a secular belief.  According to catholic teaching gay marriage is wrong.  The only thing I'm saying is that maybe you shouldn't be mad at me but be mad at your church since it is the thing clashing with your beliefs. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:f52b2203-7a46-48d5-82d0-e8c6d011503e">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, yes I am high thank you for that.  You truly are a gem.  Obviously posting on this board for the time being is useless.  Loving the mob mentality though, keep it up ladies.  May the Lord Bless you and keep all of you, you'll be in my prayers :o) 

<div>I truly do not wish for the prayers and blessings of anyone who believes in the God that you do. He's not mine, and I'm pretty sure is ashamed of the version you've dreamed up.</div>
  • Options
    According to being a rational human being, gay marriage is not wrong. 

• Options
    No Shawna.  I'm mad at you.  I'm mad at you because people like you, who shut out and refuse to hear any views that differ from their own, make all Catholics appear intolerant.  You have been intolerant today.

I am not mad at my church.  I am not mad at my church because I recognize the separation between church and state and respect that everyone deserves the civil right to legally marry in the eyes of their Federal, State and Local governments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:d5c3b955-bec6-4696-98c8-f5659ee6a75e">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **professor** : Button, I'm sorry. FYI, I never said secular trolls.  I said secular ladies and used the word trolling.  I said people were trolling, looking for people who have different beliefs than you and then laughing at them.  The reason I said secular is because that is a secular belief.  According to catholic teaching gay marriage is wrong.  The only thing I'm saying is that maybe you shouldn't be mad at me but be mad at your church since it is the thing clashing with your beliefs. 
    Posted by shawna127[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Yeah Button.  Dont be mad at the the Nazis.  Be mad at Hitler!  He is the one who clashes with your beliefs.

</div>
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:7f51a87a-7a64-441b-8707-976d7588a851">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]No Shawna.  I'm mad at you.  I'm mad at you because people like you, who shut out and refuse to hear any views that differ from their own, make all Catholics appear intolerant.  You have been intolerant today. I am not mad at my church.  I am not mad at my church because I recognize the separation between church and state and respect that everyone deserves the civil right to legally marry in the eyes of their Federal, State and Local governments.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div><strong><font color="#ff0000"><u>DEVIL!!</u></font></strong>

</div>
  • Options
    I also love getting accused of "trolling" by someone with 400 posts.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Honestly I think the most offensive thing out of these two threads is the suggestion that homosexuals are equal because they don't have to sit at the back of a bus or because they can go to the same schools as "us". And that they CAN get married if they decided to become heterosexual.

THAT is what I find most offensive in all of this.

ETA: I'm not Catholic but I am Christian so I don't know if that gives me a pass to this place or not. But my views are not "secular" so that argument doesn't really fly with everyone. 
  • Options
    YUP. Most people who are against gay marriage will at LEAST admit that it doesn't afford equal rights to everyone. The idea that it isn't discriminatory is really an all-time low, Chelsea.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_professor-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:27c47c33-0ae7-443e-87f2-09a092a979adPost:7f51a87a-7a64-441b-8707-976d7588a851">Re: **professor**</a>:
    [QUOTE]No Shawna.  I'm mad at you.  I'm mad at you because people like you, who shut out and refuse to hear any views that differ from their own, make all Catholics appear intolerant.  You have been intolerant today. I am not mad at my church.  I am not mad at my church because I recognize the separation between church and state and respect that everyone deserves the civil right to legally marry in the eyes of their Federal, State and Local governments.
    Posted by button6004[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>::Slow clap:: My heart grew three times for you this day. :-)

</div>
  • Options
    Response to everything chels says:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards