Catholic Weddings
Options

Impatient! (vent)

I want it to be next year so bad!  By then I will be out of school, working full time at my dream job and married to my best friend!  Someone please tell me time flies because I am having a hard time waiting :(  and to top it all off I have baby fever lol
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Impatient! (vent)

• Options
    doctabroccolidoctabroccoli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same thing.....  We were engaged for a year and a half, and I kept thinking "By May 2011 I will be married and finished with my stupid Ph.D.!"  I am married, but I'm not defending until August, lol....  Anyway, I do quite often wonder where the time went.  It did go by faster than I thought it would.  Andplusalso, I do have baby fever as well, but I want to work for at least a year first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • Options
    chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I feel you so badly right now.  But time will fly.  Think about what you were doing a year ago right now.  How much has time flied since then?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take a deep breath. I know how exciting it can be to look forward to the future. This time last year, FI was finishing up a job, moving to a new place, starting a new school adventure and I was wondering if he was ev-er going to propose (not really, I knew it would be sometime between July and October, because we wanted to get married this summer and we had a mandatory 9-month marriage prep window, but I felt impatient). Now, we're suddenly getting married in 10 days and I'm taking a break from moving his stuff into my (now our) place.

It is so important that we live and experience the present (with memories of the past and an eye to the future), instead of getting caught up in what will be.

Docta -- I totally hear you on the baby fever! I know we need to wait a bit, but...I'm so ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I definitely know how you feel.  Our wedding date isn't for another 2 years.  For me though, I'm so anxious to get married (we've been dating 8 1/2 years) but also so scared about 2 years from now because I'm scared I won't be able to find a job.

I know it's hard but try to enjoy the wedding planning and anticipation for now.  I've heard every bride tell me it really did fly by!

SaveSave
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also completely understand!  We had a 1 1/2 yr engagement on top of a 5 yr relationship... to boot, DH is still finishing school and I'm also in baby fever land :)

Hang in there!  With a long engagement, take advantage of it and make sure to take care of as much of the DIY projects and coordination well before the wedding so you can relax as much as possible the week of the wedding... I nearly gave myself an ulcer because I procrastinated so much on stuff.  School will help make things go more quickly.  Before you know it... next July will be here :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm right there with you. We're exactly a year from our wedding and it seems verryyyy far off!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    shawna127shawna127 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_impatient-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:47f770c2-d8ef-444e-ba54-38d500a56fadPost:47b51e46-0a4a-4b9e-a5a7-2cae973aae6b">Re: Impatient! (vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE] It is so important that we live and experience the present (with memories of the past and an eye to the future), instead of getting caught up in what will be. Posted by bibliophile2010[/QUOTE]

I really, really like that :o)

I really do need to slow down and just enjoy it... I told myself I would, but I am just so excited for what's coming ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls very much, I'm glad I'm not the only one going through or who already went through this.  And you're right newlyseliski school will really help me get through.  I just need to focus on the here and now and just enjoy it.  Thanks for all the positive thoughts :o)
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also... once you get pregnant, the nine months just FLIES by! It's a really, really big change to process in only 40 weeks... when you look ahead and think about something that will change your life FOREVER, the months and years leading up to it don't seem quite so long Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's really true ring_pop! I can't imagine all the changes you've been going through...and getting ready to add a new family member!  You are so close!  :o)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards