Catholic Weddings
Options

completely lost

I am not baptized at all, I am getting married in June, and starting R.C.I.A. in August. My fiance' is baptized CAtholic. I was told that

1) I can not write "Sacrament of Holy Matrimony" on our invites because I am not Catholic or baptized.
2) I will not actually recieve the Sacrament of Holy Matrimony, does that mean that even after I am Catholic I will not be acknowledged as have recieving that sacrament?

I am completely lost and so upset that I did not convert earlier because it is something that is so important to me.

Re: completely lost

• Options
    i believe if you become baptized later then you automatically receive the sacrament, but agape can confirm that.

yoru marriage will still be valid and recognized by the church.
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think after you are baptized, your marriage becomes a sacrament?

Edit: Ninja'd by Calypso.
    Anniversary

• Options
    It sounds like you are confusing the wording/definition of "receiving the Sacrament of marriage/matrimony," and simply "being married." You *will* be married, and certainly considered married by the Church, just not have the full "sacramental" benefits/graces.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @ agapecarrie since my FI is not Catholic is it still a sacrament for me?
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_completely-lost?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d2de378a-d07a-4be2-8234-3ac5bed9f9a4Post:ebb9fbce-7df1-462e-9362-f4b6876186bd">Re: completely lost</a>:
    [QUOTE]@ agapecarrie since my FI is not Catholic is it still a sacrament for me?
    Posted by katy0990[/QUOTE]

<div>If he is baptized in the trinitarian formula, yes. If he is not baptized (it has to be the correct formula) then no.</div><div>
    </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards