Options

:: docta ::

2»

Re: :: docta ::

• Options
    LibrarydragonLibrarydragon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your correct. The great cathedrals of Europe don't have kneelers except in small chapels. The standard is to stand. When I visited the Vatican apartments I noted that the Cappelina Paolina doesn't have standard pews or kneelers.
    Mother of the Groom
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_docta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d4db6384-7e1d-414e-8c5f-e47bbb31f4f3Post:0370b582-392c-4071-8300-6fc42accda54">Re: :: docta ::</a>:
    [QUOTE]The "separation of church and state" is not a teaching of the church, its a misunderstood idea that people think was in the constitution. I will follow God's laws over the government anyway. What I've said before already, is that the creed is much broader theologically that reaches into the more detailed doctrine. They are all webbed together. This isn't "interpretation" this is that we believe that the Holy SPirit is preventing the church from teaching error (Matthew 16), You can't have one without the other, because theologically it doesn't make sense. The belief about birth control is very intimately connected to the belief inthe Eucharist...if one believes in one, the only thing that makese sense is belief in the other. This is explained in theology of the body very well.
    Posted by agapecarrie[/QUOTE]

Matthew 22:21.  That's the original separation of church and state.  Yes, we are Christians before we are anything else, but the two are valid and separate.  Just because I pay my tithe does not mean that I am exempt from taxes.  We do hope that our government leaders espouse values that are Christian in nature, but certainly in the OT there were valued kings that were not Jewish or Christian.
  • Options
    agapecarrieagapecarrie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_docta?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:d4db6384-7e1d-414e-8c5f-e47bbb31f4f3Post:451dbbfb-13f3-4d4a-9068-e8c1054284b9">Re: :: docta ::</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: :: docta :: : Matthew 22:21.  That's the original separation of church and state.  Yes, we are Christians before we are anything else, but the two are valid and separate.  Just because I pay my tithe does not mean that I am exempt from taxes.  We do hope that our government leaders espouse values that are Christian in nature, but certainly in the OT there were valued kings that were not Jewish or Christian.
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

Matthew 22:21 isn't separating church and state, its bringing them together. Part of living our Christian life is to live out our civil duties in a Christian way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards