Florida-West Coast
Options

Selling on Craigslist Warning

This is absolutely 100% true.  I know this person and talked to him personally this morning.

He sold some items on craigslist, including a camera.  Someone from out of state bought the items.  Our friend said he wouldn't ship the items until the check cleared.  He deposited the check and was notified by his bank of many years that the check was fraudulent and they'd frozen HIS checking account and IRA with them.  It is the bank's policy to freeze all monies if there is fraudulent activity on the account - even though he wasn't the one at fault.

My friend called the person whose name was on the check and found out a person or persons in Nigeria had accomplishes is NY and CA and somehow had stolen a check/identity from a person in Louisiana.  The man was getting nearly 100 calls per day from people they'd scammed or were trying to scam.

Bottom line, if you're selling on craigslist - cash and carry only!

Re: Selling on Craigslist Warning

• Options
    teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This happened to a friend of mine. She actually sent the item. It was a mess getting it back.
    When we were moving from Colorado, I listed my apartment on there to help my landlord. H would be there with me or show the apartment for me. He said that a couple of shady men came  and glad I wasn't there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This happened to my neighbor. Never trust anyone from Nigeria,lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards