Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Venting

I've seriously had enough. I have a ton of wedding tasks left to do and the wedding is 4 weeks away today. A bunch of these tasks depend on our guest count. Our RSVP date was over 2 weeks ago and invitations went out over a month before that. We still have almost 20 invitations that we have not gotten a response from out of only 125. On top of that the people we call to ask don't even answer or return our calls!! I am getting so tired of putting everything on hold because guests don't know how to fill out a little postcard with postage already attached! I know this sounds bridezilla-y but I am just so frustrated!!!!!! My FI doesn't get the big deal so I feel like I'm going crazy. I am so stressed out and just one this one thing to be checked off so I can move forward!!! I'm tired of all the things left on my to do list....AHHHH!!! Did anyone else go through the guest list drama?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Venting

• Options
    mjc468mjc468 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about this!! I had rsvp drama...i haven't met anyone who hasn't. Luckily I had my parents call ppl who didn't rsvp. in the end, you just have to take it as a 'no' and move on.  GL!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that.  I would call email everyone one last time stating that if they don't respond by a certain day you are going to mark them down as not attending.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ungraceful13ungraceful13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had guest list drama. Id say atleast 50 people didn't send back and RSVP. Some of them we just assumed weren't coming (Dad's family I haven't seen since I was 12), others I had my mom call or my mil call, and friends I called. It all worked out. And then I had more drama when my MIL edited her guest list and took off people who had RSVPd yes bc 10% of people will RSVP yes and not show. She was trying to save us money but didn't understand that I'd rather pay the extra money for them just to be safe. Luckily we worked that out too.
    I'd try to reach people one more time and if they don't answer put them as a no.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OMG i know. RSVP was by FAR the worst part of my wedding.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys. I think I'm starting to get to meltdown time. I had a huge breakdown last night and just cried for hours with my fiance. All because I can't find a bra to work with my dress-I'm a really crazy size that no one makes. I'm so ready to be married and not have to plan anymore!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Relax and try to enjoy it. The little things will kill you and cause you not to enjoy the wedding. I hear you on the bra- I ended up not wearing one, because nothing comes in my size and I was finally frustrated. Good luck- it will happen and you will forget about the stress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards