Utah
Options

How much for your photographer?

How much are you spending on your photographer and what comes with your package????

Like i have said we are thrifty we found a photographer who hasnt been in business a ton of time but still great at what she does! I have gone to her several times and she is so nice and prompt and reliable....
Our package came with our engagement photos,bridals,wedding day up to 2 1/2 hours 2 locations.....ALLLL of our photos taken we will receive and they will be fixed all pretty! We will also get teasers in our email and a photobook with our pics in it and one of the photos goes on the front of the book its really cool.
All for $650.00
Which isnt too shabby all the others I have seen were alot more for what you get out of it :o)

Re: How much for your photographer?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i'm spending $500 for mine. it includes engagements, bridals, and entire wedding day, multiple locations for any session. we get all the photos in hi-res on a disc, and they digitally enhance roughly 25 photos from each session (although they had 45 that they had enhanced from our engagement session). We also get a framed 8X10 and $100 off a photobook if we choose to get one.

our phptographers are so awesome. they treated us so well, got every shot we asked for, and we had so much fun. i can't wait to get my bridals done (in the snow! yikes!)

Bella Day Photography is who i went with. check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Statistics show that most brides in Utah spend $2,500 on their wedding photography.  If your spending any less then the average then beware.
  • Options
    terracooperterracooper member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Opie.  I haven't seen a photographer for less than $1000 (for just wedding day coverage) that is decent.  There are so many variables that go into wedding photography {lighting, weather, equipment, etc) that you shouldn't chance a day that can't be redone on someone that is cheap.  Lots of great ways to cut other things in a wedding to afford a good professional photographer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    While I think that a good photographer is definitely something that you should not skimp on for wedding day, i also feel that you should ignore what  "the average utah bride spends.". Anyone that tells you you "need" to spend that much money on a photographer is definitely trying to sell you something and they dont have your best interests in mind (especially if you are on a budget, which I believe most of us on this site are). While you should be aware and a little picky about who you have taking photos at your wedding (this is a once in a lifetime moment) also be aware who you take advice from on here. I feel that certain people on here are really not trying to be helpful, just trying to guilt some of us in to spending more than we have. There are good people on this site that are helpful and have given me numerous great budget-saving ideas...just make sure you know who those people are and ignore the rest.

if you feel good about your photographer and she has shown you good work in the past, it doesnt matter if she costs 650 or thousands of dollars. Do make sure you have throroughly checked her work and ask her lots of questsions to make sure she can accurately handle any situation that comes up on wedding day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are spending $1,400 for the package that has ALL the basics.  Includes engagements, bridals, wedding day, and CD's with everything.  Also a $200 print credit.

WWW.NOELDANGERFIELDPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

Also, you have to keep in mind that you are also purchasing QUALITY. A photographer might be including "everything" in the package for less than a $1,000, but they might not be as good pictures as another photographer who includes less things in his package, but the pictures are amazing. Does that make sense?!? I think we got a pretty good deal with ours! She is a good quality photographer, but not outrageously pricey!!

Anyway, good luck girl!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards