Honeymoon Discussions
Options

napa valley or san fran?

My first question should probably be is either of these places good for a honeymoon if you are trying to relax and have a romantic honeymoon? We're looking for something that has stuff to do, but not a ton of "must see" attractions. We'd love something close to the water. I've never been to California so I have no idea what to expect. Second question- if you think this would work for us would you stay in Napa and take a day to visit San Francisco or the other way around? TIA for your input!

Re: napa valley or san fran?

• Options
    Napa is definitly relaxing! Tons of spas, resorts etc.  Check out the napa board...I've posted sites to see on there.
  • Options
    Can you tell me how to get to the Napa board? And here I thought I had this knot thing down... haha.
  • Options
    or do you mean the local napa board?
  • Options
    found it.. very helpful. thanks a bunch!
  • Options
    hahaha I didnt have a chance to respond lol glad you found it!
  • Options
    I also recommend staying in the Napa area and then visiting San Fran. Napa Valley is very beautiful with the grape vines covering rolling hills, not to mention all the wineries. Its just incredible. San Fran has some great attractions, but too much hustle and bustle.
  • Options
    Napa is GORGEOUS! Amazing sights, amazing food and, of course, the wine! I don't know how long you're planning on honeymooning for, but I would recommend flying in to SF, spending 2 or so nights there (I wouldn't just day trip it), then roadtripping up to Napa and spending a few nights there. You could always flip flop it too so the relaxing would come first. :)
    Photobucket Vacation Vacation
  • Options
    Ahhhh...if you enjoy sweeter white wines (I enjoy ALL wine) ;) lol...please go the Sterling Vineyards, sit out on their gorgeous tasting deck and have a glass of their Malvasia Bianca for me. They only sell this at the winery. I miss Napa!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are "roughin' it" at the Calistoga Inn at Napa and we are so excited!  From what I can tell I highly recommend it!
  • Options
    I lived in SF for 3 years...go to Napa.  It's so romantic and picturesque!  My girl friends and I meet up in Cali once a year to do Napa.  Our first stop is always Domaine Carneros...highly recommended!  SF is nice, but it's very touristy (I mean very very).  Napa's a much better choice!
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    My fiance proposed to me in Napa!  I highly recommend it as a honeymoon.  It is so gorgeous and relaxing.  There are tons of things to do and see in San Francisco, and it definitely gets overwhelming! If you've never been before, your best bet is probably a visit to the Golden Gate Bridge and Golden Gate Park, the Academy of Sciences, Pier 39, and/or Union Square.  And driving and parking SUCK in SF, so try to take public transit (BART is really good) or a taxi! There are some limo companies that offer special packages to or from Napa, but I don't know much about them.  Definitely worth looking into though! :)I also second the Sterling Vineyard recommendation!  You have to take a little tram up the side of the hill to get to the tasting area.  It's beautiful!  Also, the best tour we took was at Mondavi.  You should definitely check that out! And V. Sattui has the most delicious deli around!There are tons of spas everywhere in Napa, and if you drive a bit to Calistoga, they have the hot springs.Good luck, and enjoy! :)
  • Options
    Oh, and you HAVE to check out the Bouchon Bakery.  It's DELICIOUS.  Restaurants in Napa are excellent too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards