Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Tahiti- Moorea & Bora Bora

Hi ladies.. I'm finally able to get around to planning our real honeymoon (although it's a year later- cuz husband was playing football!) Has anyone gone to Moorea & Bora Bora? Any advice you can give me?

I've checked out Pacific for Less- and Custom Tahiti- has anyone used them? Or can anyone recommend another source to book it through?

Also- any hotel recommendations- I have quotes for the Hilton in Moorea- in an overwater bungalow as well as just the garden bungalow. And then in Bora Bora, the Hilton or Le Meredien Bora Bora- both in overwater bungalows. Anyone know of any better hotel deals?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks girls! xo

Re: Tahiti- Moorea & Bora Bora

• Options
    AllyG303AllyG303 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012

Haven't been there, but we're staying at Le Meridien Bora Bora in July!

I had gotten quotes through Costco and AAA, but ended up booking flight and hotel separately since I found a better deal that way.

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options

I've been a handful of times and love it there! I have booked on my own and through agents. I recommend going to Tahiti-Tourisme.com to do an Tahiti Tiare Agent search based on your zip code.

Where you should stay depends a lot on your budget and what you are looking for in a resort. Both choices in Bora Bora are great, but each resort is different but offers something unique. What are you looking for? Good snorkeling? View of the main island? Something smaller/larger? Something more modern or more authentic? I have been to almost every resort on both islands, so I'm more than happt to help, but there is a WIDE range to choose from and at all different price points. BTW- I love the Hilton in Moorea. If you can afford an OWB there and in BOB, I'd go for it since the snorkeling is great there. However, the garden bungalows there have plunge pools. They aren't super private, but it's something a lot of people look for.

HTH

• Options
    Have you checked out jetsetter.com?  Sometimes they have flash sales (all though not all the time) for places in tahiti.  I've seen a couple decent deals on there in the past. They currently have Legends Moorea for stay 7 pay 5 nights.   Also checkout luxurylink.com.  You might be able to find a good hotel package in tahiti.  I know I looked the other day and one of the packages had a really good rate for over the water bugalows.  I don't think it was in Moorea or Bora Bora though.  I think it was on one of the other islands.
    if you decide to do either of those sites you can PM me for my referral if you want. On LL you will get $100 off your first purchase and on jetsetter you get $25 when you sign up for the website with the referral.

We are thinking about tahiti for our honey moon too but haven't decided yet.  My uncle just took a trip there.  I can't wait to talk to him to find out how it was.

Good luck!!
  • Options
    Be careful when booking on third party sites! A lot of times, those packages do not include interisland flights or hotel transfers. Those items are difficult to book on your own, especially in Moorea. The hotels in Moorea do not include transfers in their rates nor to do they offer them at all. You have to book them with a tour company. These packages may also not include some taxes. Tahiti is tricky to book on your own. It's VERY easy to miss something or miss additional costs!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_tahiti-moorea-bora-bora-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:aba5070d-e480-41dc-a420-1a7bcc9f9bd5Post:98b94eb1-445d-42ce-9669-6e2f763507ad">Re: Tahiti- Moorea & Bora Bora</a>:
    [QUOTE]Be careful when booking on third party sites! A lot of times, those packages do not include interisland flights or hotel transfers. Those items are difficult to book on your own, especially in Moorea. The hotels in Moorea do not include transfers in their rates nor to do they offer them at all. You have to book them with a tour company. These packages may also not include some taxes. Tahiti is tricky to book on your own. It's VERY easy to miss something or miss additional costs!
    Posted by Jells2dot0[/QUOTE]

My uncle said they just took a ferry between islands.
  • Options
    Yes- you can take a ferry or a flight. The ferries can book up, so unless yhou book in advance, you may get to the docks and you'll have to wait. Also, the ferries don't run very late. Neither do the flights actually! However, once you get off of the ferry, you need to get to your hotel. The hotel will not pick you up at the ferry. The hotel in some cases may pre arrange for a tour company to pick you up, but it won't actually be the hotel. Expect to pay around $60 round trip for transfers. It is possible to book it on your own, but I'm just saying there are a few nuiances that most people would not be aware of (schedule-wise, price-wise, etc.)

• Options
    Hi there, I am also doing Moorea and Bora Bora, and booked through Pacific for Less. We haven't gone on our trip yet so I can't give them a full review (I'm hoping they aren't a scam or anything....), but so far it has been great. I worked with Claudia and she kept tweaking the trip until it was exactly what I wanted.

I only got a quote from one other travel agency, but Pacific for Less seemed pretty reasonable.

Regarding inter-island flights and hotel-to-airport transfers, our package includes all of this. The only thing we need to take care of is getting to and from LAX. We're staying at the Moorea Hilton in a garden bungalow, and the Bora Bora St. Regis in an overwater bungalow.

Very excited, let us know how everything goes for you!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_tahiti-moorea-bora-bora-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:aba5070d-e480-41dc-a420-1a7bcc9f9bd5Post:40c0ed8e-4261-4763-bea7-fac81e5840b8">Re: Tahiti- Moorea & Bora Bora</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi there, I am also doing Moorea and Bora Bora, and booked through Pacific for Less. We haven't gone on our trip yet so I can't give them a full review (I'm hoping they aren't a scam or anything....), but so far it has been great. I worked with Claudia and she kept tweaking the trip until it was exactly what I wanted. I only got a quote from one other travel agency, but Pacific for Less seemed pretty reasonable. Regarding inter-island flights and hotel-to-airport transfers, our package includes all of this. The only thing we need to take care of is getting to and from LAX. We're staying at the Moorea Hilton in a garden bungalow, and the Bora Bora St. Regis in an overwater bungalow. Very excited, let us know how everything goes for you!
    Posted by Justpeachy4397[/QUOTE]

I haven't booked with Pacific for Less, but they are legit! I have dealt with a few different TAs when planning my trips and know they are widely used on here. When booking through most Tahiti agents, they will include interisland/hotel transfers. I was referring to third party discount sites that don't have full travel packages. :)

• Options
    My husband and I went to Tahiti and Moorea last year on our honeymoon and it was amazing.  We booked our airlines tickets on orbitz and then the hotels through AAA.  On Tahiti we stayed at Manava Suite Resort and then took the ferry to Moorea.  I honestly don't know how you can book a ticket on the ferry ahead of time.  We just talked to the people at the hotel desk about catching a ferry to Moorea and they showed us the departure times.  We just took a cab to the ferry and purchased a ticket only about 15 minutes before it was set to take off.  There was more than enough room on the ferry and they seem to depart every 15-30 minutes.  

On Moorea we stayed at the Moorea Pearl Resort and it was perfect for us.  The snorkeling was AMAZING and the resort was in the perfect location.  It was only a 5-10 minute walk to the store and little shops and restaurants.  We stayed in an overwater bungalow, and through AAA it was only $300 a night!  Pretty crazy for an overwater bungalow.  

We didn't go to Bora Bora, but you have to take a plane there.  The airport is not far from Moorea Pearl and I think you can just book a flight online.  
  • Options
    We went to Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora for our honeymoon.
    We stayed at Intercontinental Tahiti, Sofitel Moorea, and Intercontinental Thalasso Bora Bora.
    We booked via Costco and thought that their price was good and everything went smoothly.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards