Outdoor Weddings
Options

Renting Chairs....

Hello Fellow Knotties, I am in the midst of planning for my Sept5, 2010 outdoor wedding in Lithonia, GA. I found a rental company that I want to go with, but question is should I rent chairs for the ceremony and the reception? What are your ideas and recommendations?

Re: Renting Chairs....

• Options
    Are the ceremony and reception in the same place?  If so, then you only need one set.  Have them set for the ceremony and move them to the reception.  If not, then you need two sets of chairs.
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    We are going with 2 sets of chairs even though ceremony & reception at same location. Yes it is added expense but we don’t want to be bothered with moving them from ceremony site to reception tables. Thought about having brothers and couple cousins do it while guests are in different spot for apps and cocktails but in the end we realized we don’t want them missing out on that stuff plus we'd need someone to oversee their set-up (i know my brothers well lol). Another option if you are trying to cut costs is to ‘borrow’ chairs from a church or club for a small donation fee. We considered it but didn’t care for any chairs we saw.
  • Options
    We only had one set, and they were moved in about 10 minutes.  We intended to have the brothers and groomsmen do them all but once they started everyone literally just picked up a chair and moved it!  It was pretty amusing...
    We're currently on a 15 month trip around the world!
    **Check out our travel blog**
    Planning Bio Married Bio
  • Options
    I am only ordering one set of chairs.  I plan on only have about 30 chairs set up for the ceremony and the rest set up the the reception area. Its enought chairs for the parent's and older fam to set.  My wedding is going to be small (100).There is no need to order 2 sets save some $$$
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards