Florida-South Florida
Options

Really Bummed- Vent

I was so excited to hear a few months ago that My Treasure Video was hosting another contest to win a wedding video package. I went to their website and sent an e-mail inquiring about the contest. The response I got on June 26th stated that they were in fact looking for couples to submit their love story and the deadline was July 31st and the winners would be announced on August 14th. So yesterday, July 30th I submitted our love story (which FI wrote and it's amazing) and this morning I received an e-mail from them thanking me for my submission but "unfortunately our contest closes on July 31st and the winners will be announced on August 1st." I replied stating that I submitted my entry yesterday the 30th and that in the original e-mail he sent me he said the deadline was the 31st. Anyway, I copied and pasted the e-mail that he had sent me to verify what he had said and now i'm waiting on a reply. I'm hoping he at least considers it. Im really bummed. Sorry it's so long.

Re: Really Bummed- Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear about the mishap!! Javier is wonderful. A couple of the knotties won the contest, I wonder what happeend?? unless he announced another contest? hmm. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh I had no idea there was anothe rcontest! I hope you win! I am sure he will consider - Javier - from my conversations seems like a real genuine, stand up guy. Fingers crossed for you hun. I know what it's like to want something like this, trust me. I hope you can enter and I hope you win!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd be pretty bummed too, but see what he says first. You entered it on time and it'd pretty wonky of them to not accept your beautiful story. Good luck :) That would be the perfect thing to win!!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Update: I just received an email back from him saying:Dear Elizabeth,I completely apologize for the misunderstanding. We closed our contest on June 30th and announced our winners in our website on July 1st.  However, I read Mark's story and it is simply beautiful.  When is your wedding date?JavierI wrote him back, telling him our date and how much we want video but really can't afford it. As of right now we might as well be honeymooning in Plantation (for the non-broward ladies, its a small suburb just west of fort lauderdale.)  I'm crossing my fingers to see what he says. Maybe he will open another one. I just dont see why he would tell me that the deadline was August 14th.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that sucks about the mix up! Maybe there is something he can do to help you bring down the cost and that way you could afford his services...?I actually won the contest and I can tell you FIRSTHAND that Javier is AWESOME to work with!GL
    Nicole & Darren Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww my understanding is that he's a really great guy. I have a feeling he'll do something special for ya!Keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards