Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Show of your engagement ring!

Re: Show of your engagement ring!

• Options
    Brit.swardBrit.sward member
    First Comment
    edited February 2010

Not a great picture but It is a 1/2 carat round diamond with 6 sides stones on each side. I love it! Perfect for me!
  • Options
    I love my ring as well!  I miss it because I dropped it off yesterday to get sized and it won't be back until Monday.

It's 1 carat total, with the center stone being I think just short of 1/3 carat.  It also has 2 tiny diamonds on the inside of the band with "past, present, future" engraved.  But, this is my absolute favorite part of my ring:

Just makes me want to fall over, it's so pretty!!  My finger feels naked right now without it :(
    ~How long do you want to be loved? Is forever enough?~
    My Planning Bio (last updated 10/6/12)

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

I was never a huge fan of diamond engagement rings, and my fiance remembered this when he custom designed this beautiful blue topaz, blue sapphire, and diamond ring for me! Blue topaz is my birth stone, my favorite color, and we'll be getting married in December. The center stone is a 10mm, 5 carat blue topaz. There is half a carat of diamonds surrounding the topaz, and two small blue sapphires on either side of the gallery. The wedding band is an eternity band that actually fits between the two bands of my e-ring (symbolizing two separate individuals coming together and becoming one). I absolutely love it and could not be happier!
  • Options
    I am LOVING these blue topaz rings! They are seriously gorgeous!! I'll have to leave a few hints around the house as to what I'd like for Christmas this year huh? ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options
    FI proposed in front of Big Ben in London (where we live now).  most beautiful surprise ever!!! (ignore the ugly scar on my hand Laughing) i love my ring and my bloke even more!

• Options
    Here's mine :

It was custom-made for us by a local jeweler. It's so gorgeous, and I just love the Celtic knotwork on the band.
  • Options
    41 days to our big day. I am so excited.

• Options
    Mike proposed by the sea. I call this my eye of the ocean. Sapphire is my birthstone.

• Options

I LOVE MY RING ( since I picked it out ) :D

2 carats total:
    1 - center stone
    1 - band
  • Options
     my fiance and i designed mine together.  We really wanted something that would incorparate our birthstones (both peridot) and a blue stone (our favourite colour) as well as something braided to show two tied together.  It came out absolutely perfect! 

Sorry about the bad pic i am still learning to use my camera!
    Stats:
     White gold
     peridot .25 carats
     blue diamond .33 carat
  • Options
    I'm not really a diamond person - but holy huge rings!!! They're all beautiful. My FH designed this and had this made by the local metalsmith - white gold with a light sapphire. Not sure of the specs, but I sure do love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LindsayFLALindsayFLA member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    Here's mine!  Diamond and sapphires set in white gold....my dream ring come true! It was custom designed, so it's one of a kind, and the diamonds are conflict-free :-) 
  • Options
    Love all of your rings!!! Some are pretty original and others are just gourgeous.
    Here's mine. He asked what ring I wanted. I told him sort of what I was looking for.
    He bought me this one in Cartier and surprised me because it was more beautiful than what I had in my mind!!!! I love my ring. I am absolutely in love with it!

• Options
    edited March 2010
    My ring!  I LOVE it.  FI took notes over a year whenever I mentioned something about what I liked for rings so it is pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted!  He had it custom made.

Anyone else have problems getting the diamond to come out clearly in pictures??  You can't really see but there are small diamonds on the front, back and sides so it's beautiful from all angles!

So many beautiful rings!  We are all truly lucky in love!
  • Options

My fiance, Neil, wanted an engagement ring too.  He said, 'You get to have an outward expression of your committment, why don't I?"  He's a latin teacher and teaches Greek and Latin to high school students, so I looked for something unique to give him.  His has intertwining branches/leaves on it.  His favorite Greek myth is the story of Baucis and Philemon : Zeus and Hermes, disguised as wanderers, went to every household in this village seeking shelter and xenia (hospitality - a time honored tradition in greek/roman myth).  The poorest couple in the town were the only ones to offer them shelter and gave the gods mead and the stew they had been cooking for themselves.  When their goblets refilled with wine time after time, the couple, Baucus and Philemon, figured out that they were in the presence of gods!  Zeus warned them that he was going to flood the village and told them where to seek shelter.  After the flood receeded, however, Zeus had turned Baucis and Philemon's cottage into an ornate temple. The couple was also granted a wish; they chose to stay together forever and to be guardians of the temple. They also requested that when it came time for one of them to die, the other would die as well. Upon their death, they were changed into an intertwining pair of trees, one oak and one linden, standing in the deserted boggy terrain.  I think intertwining branches symbolize our relationship well and we would never want to live a day without the other.

This is my ring.  We looked at it with Diamonds in it but it didn't look nearly as wonderful with the traditional stone as it does with the Ceylon Sapphire.  The jeweler called the shape of the sapphire a roval - a round oval.
  • Options
    I love all of the rings.

Here is mine:

I LOVE it!
  • Options

this is a pic of my engagment ring with the matching wedding band which has already been purchased for our special day :)
    1.5 carat engagement ring princess cut (.5 carat centre stone with 3 side stones at .3 carat each with 8 side stones adding up .4 carat

wedding band .5 carat total
    G-H colour for both
    SI - SII for both
  • Options
    Absolutely gorgeous everyone!  All of the sparkle is making it so much brighter on a dreary rainy day lol.

Personally for me I don't care too much for diamonds.  It is my birthstone so I saw wayy too many when I was growing up.  So mine is an ice blue topaz.  It is different (like me!) but I absolutely love it!  Sorry the pictures aren't so great...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Pumpkin610Pumpkin610 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    7 more months...and then i get to add my wedding bands (Fifi got me two matching bands with diamonds, one for each side!)

• Options
    I absolutely LOVE my ring....it's soooo me! Wedding in June and I'm getting my band customized to fit this perfect ring.

• Options

Here is my ring :) It was a bit big at first but now fits (after this picture was taken). Very unique and I'm getting a custom band made to match!
  • Options
    Here is mine! There is a band to go with it,  looks like the side portion with the razor edge all the way across. I'm still in shock about this being on my finger & it's been 7 months!

• Options
    I love my ring....the center marquise is a carat and my favorite shape!

• Options
    cguzman526cguzman526 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    Here is mine. I love the sapphire so much! It was a diamond in the original ring but my fiance had them substitute the sapphire because blue is my favorite color and we wanted something a little different. There are ten tiny diamonds on either side of the sapphire for a total of 20 tiny diamonds. They are all so sparkly. I love it!!

• Options
    I had to use a picture from online because my fiance only took video of my ring. He said pictures did not do it justice. :p

I love love love my ring! I have not seen anyone else with it and I get so many compliments. The stone in the picture is much smaller. My center stone is a 1 caret.
  • Options
    I love how different it is! 
  • Options
    biscuits17biscuits17 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2010
    My fiance picked my ring out on his own -- he proposed with a "fake" costume ring, and then later that week we went to see what he picked out. I loved it right away!

Mine is a little larger than a .5 carat round stone surrounded by 10 small stones on the sides.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Here's my ering.
    GIA cert. Rb diamond in a custom rose gold trellis setting.
    I love her :)
    We designed the ring together and it was so much fun! We started this "project" in Dec of 08 and was finally finished in June of 09 (it took us a while to find our "perfect" diamond and setting). After the diamond was set, I had to wait until September (when he proposed) to see it again. But I didn't think he was going to propose until December so the wait FLEW by! lol 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards