Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement gift for fiance

Hey ladies,

I want to get something for my fiancé to celebrate our engagement but I am drawing a blank. Any ideas? I don't want to get a "man"gagement ring but something else that will symbolize this special moment.

All suggestions are welcome :)

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Engagement gift for fiance

• Options
    I wrote my (now) DH a love letter. I knew the engagement was coming so I was able to prepare it ahead of time, but he proposed much earlier than I expected so it wasn't quite done. He loved it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-gift-for-fianc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e79a6d80-c213-4922-8d75-176c7fb56568Post:584fa99c-47bd-4ab8-a5b0-ca2056c31068">Re: Engagement gift for fiance</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is not a swipe at you, OP, but the phrase "man-gagement" needs to die. Men get engaged, too. I gave FI something that I knew he'd wear/carry every day, just as I'll wear my ring every day. (He even freaked out when he left it at a friend's last week, and we had to turn around and get it.) I've heard suggestions like a watch or new "toy" when others have asked this question. Think about what your FI would like, whether something he'd always have with him or a very, very nice present and go from there. PP's love letter is also very sweet.
    Posted by Schatzi13[/QUOTE]

I got FI a watch--one that he'd never buy for himself and that would be out of our usual birthday/Christmas budgets.  I knew when our engagement was coming (he's not very sneaky) so had bought it ahead of time (I'm  now trying to remember if I packed it on our trip when we got engaged but I can't remember).  He loves the watch and its kind of fun to say "Yeah Liz got it for me when we got engaged."
  • Options
    I got my fiance' an engagement ring. He actually wanted one! It is a black tungsten carbide ring. He loves it! He wears it everyday like I wear mine.  We a bike couple. We both have motorcycles. I considered getting him something for his bike, like a two brothers exhaust. If you guys have something that you do together, get him something that he would want, that would remind him of you. Just something to think of...
    He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-gift-for-fianc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e79a6d80-c213-4922-8d75-176c7fb56568Post:5770e232-4afb-4513-9cd0-a160a4516ffb">Re: Engagement gift for fiance</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got my fiance' an engagement ring. He actually wanted one! It is a black tungsten carbide ring. He loves it! He wears it everyday like I wear mine.  We a bike couple. We both have motorcycles. I considered getting him something for his bike, like a two brothers exhaust. If you guys have something that you do together, get him something that he would want, that would remind him of you. Just something to think of...
    Posted by Britt1893[/QUOTE]

My SO wants me to get him an engagement ring as well, im thinking of a tungsten ring but im not sure. Did you get it online?

• Options
    OP just get him something he will like and that simbolizes the same as your ring. Soemthing he will look at 10 years from now and remember and still use

• Options
    I got my FI an engagement ring a couple months after he proposed to me. He wanted one also, so that people would know he was engaged too :) I don't really understand the concept of getting a gift for your FI after he proposed, what's the point?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your ideas.

@Schatzi13: Yeah, men get engaged too but my point is that I don't want to get him an engagement ring. Thanks for the points though. I will have to sit and think about it :)

@mymissingpuzzlepiece's: The point to the gift is that I want to give something special to him that symbolizes our engagement.
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Video game. 
    Puzzle.
    his favorite blu-ray he's been wanting. 
    A new tv show season. 

Those are great things to do together.. If I buy H a giftit's usually one of those. 

As for something JUST for him
    watch
    wallet
    sexy undies ;) bahaha 
    a bottle of his favorite top shelf hard-a with a sweet note
    boudoir shoot photos

GL op
  • Options
    My man loves cufflinks. I've gotten him a few pairs one of which was pretty nice. I'm thinking about getting him a really nice antique set or a tiffanies set after he proposes.

B
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    I think a watch or other piece of jewelry that your FI will wear everyday is a good gift.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I got my fiance an engagement ring. It's typical in some Latin American countries for men to wear engagement rings also. I love it! :o)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-gift-for-fianc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:e79a6d80-c213-4922-8d75-176c7fb56568Post:8a2684c2-3e11-4e29-a061-3df7e8801f54">Engagement gift for fiance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I want to get something for my fiancé to celebrate our engagement but I am drawing a blank. Any ideas? I don't want to get a "man"gagement ring but something else that will symbolize this special moment. All suggestions are welcome :)
    Posted by HardyLove222[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We've been engaged since July/August, and I haven't been able to afford the engagement gift I really want to get fi. I wanted to get him Browncoat, like the rebels wore in Firefly/Serenity, but other exspenses keep taking precedent. I will probably get it for him as an anniversary gift at some point, and tell him the story of when I WANTED to get it for him. Watches are very traditional, and if fi wears a watch, that's great. Mine loves nice watches, but never wears them, so that's out. Cufflinks are good too, but I think of those as more of a wedding day gift...I am sure whatever you get him, as long as it's something he likes and will use, will be great.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    April 2013 September Siggy Challenge
    Red Horse Barn, Huntington Beach, CA
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-gift-for-fianc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e79a6d80-c213-4922-8d75-176c7fb56568Post:8a2684c2-3e11-4e29-a061-3df7e8801f54">Engagement gift for fiance</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies, I want to get something for my fiancé to celebrate our engagement but I am drawing a blank. Any ideas? I don't want to get a "man"gagement ring but something else that will symbolize this special moment. All suggestions are welcome :)

Wallet? Watch?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-gift-for-fianc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:e79a6d80-c213-4922-8d75-176c7fb56568Post:8a2684c2-3e11-4e29-a061-3df7e8801f54">Engagement gift for fiance</a>:

<div>You can always get him a personalized gift with his initials. </div><div>
    </div><div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;"><strong style="background-color:transparent;font-size:12px;color:#ff00ff;font-family:Arial;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;"><a style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" rel="nofollow" href="http://www.myinitials-inc.com/AshleyVL/">www.myinitials-inc.com/AshleyVL/</a></strong></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">
    </strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">Contact me via email or phone to book a party or questions </strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">
    </strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">ashley.levermann@gmail.com</strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">330.217.9875</strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">
    </strong></font></div><div style="background-color:#ffffff;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;font-family:Arial;"><font style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;font-size:12px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;" color="#ff00ff"><strong style="background-color:transparent;border:0px;margin:0px;outline:0px;padding:0px;vertical-align:baseline;">Ashley Levermann, Independent Creative Partner</strong></font></div></div>
  • Options
    I was having the same problem but I think I might just get my FI a nice chain with a piece and a nice bracelet with a nice pair of shades...I'm going to wait till the wedding to give him his ring
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards