40-Plus Brides
Options

Ditching +1's....

Am thinking of ditching the plus ones, at least those who are not married.  It's either that or not invite them at all.  Right now it's just a thought.....

Re: Ditching +1's....

• Options
    Depends on the vibe you want to set.  At our age, attending a wedding is no longer about drinking, dancing and having a wild time.  It's more about family & friendship, catching up, etc.  Having said that, it makes coupled attendance more common.
    If you think that the people who you invite will happily attend without a date, and will have a blast doing so, then leave off the plus 1.  However, unless you were my co-worker, and such that my significant other had no relationship with you, I probably wouldn't attend if he wasn't invited. 

Can you find some compromise?  Married/engaged/ living together or together /> 5 years?  I know quite a few couple our age who maintain seperate residences, and have been together for years, who I would never dream of inviting one without the other.
  • Options
    I wont go into a lot of detail but this has to deal with interracial relationships and both sides of our families are totally againist them.  One was a step-cousin (never adopted) and the other a BFF's daughter. 

I had not planned on inviting cousins - that would mean 38 of them just on my mom's side!  If I invite one and I have invite all and with four step-cousins (and S/O's) that is just way too much.

The BFF's daughter (her youngest) I could decide not to invite but I have known them all of their lives....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards