Hawaii
Options

Hotel/Condo suggestions for wedding in Maui

Hi Knotties!
I did a quick search and didn't find specific information to what I was looking for. Sorry if this question has been posted before, but what hotels or condo complexes would you recommend for a wedding in Olowalu? I'd like to have immediate family and the bridal party stay relatively close together, but am having a difficult time finding something that would allow for a semi-private low-key Welcome Barbecue. I've read that a couple of the Knotties are renting condos and are throwing a  welcome bbq that way.... We would pretty much be picking up food from Costco and/or a roasted pig (any suggestions on where to get a full roasted pig?). Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!

Re: Hotel/Condo suggestions for wedding in Maui

• Options
    I am getting married at Olowalu in one month from tomorrow!
    My family is all staying at the Kahana Sunset, which is about 14 miles north of Olowalu.  We got a great rate through a travel agent (Kim at Island Style Travel.)  We are able to have our welcome BBQ there as well- we're reserving the BBQ area.  My father in law reserved it for us.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_hotelcondo-suggestions-for-wedding-in-maui?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:2c3dac9c-6b63-44b8-bef4-4a47e5466837Post:d1563b92-1970-4552-9746-871b93bc9601">Hotel/Condo suggestions for wedding in Maui</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Knotties! I did a quick search and didn't find specific information to what I was looking for. Sorry if this question has been posted before, but what hotels or condo complexes would you recommend for a wedding in Olowalu? I'd like to have immediate family and the bridal party stay relatively close together, but am having a difficult time finding something that would allow for a semi-private low-key Welcome Barbecue. I've read that a couple of the Knotties are renting condos and are throwing a  welcome bbq that way.... We would pretty much be picking up food from Costco and/or a roasted pig (any suggestions on where to get a full roasted pig?). Any suggestions would be appreciated! TIA!
    Posted by Browniebear127[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    That's exciting! :) Thank you! I'll take a look at it
  • Options
    How many people are you looking to host? You can check for condos on Homeaway or VRBO but I know there are lots of restrictions. Curious to see what others have done.
  • Options
    We got married in April at Olowalu and we and most of our guests stayed at the Honua Kai. Our condo was a 3bdrm penthouse with a grill so we could have done our welcome BBQ there and actually had guests for dinner one night during the week. I would check VRBO for condos you can find better prices than booking directly with the resorts.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Great information! Thank you ladies! :)

I've looked into some VRBO or Homeaway cottages, but some of those are strict about the number of guests visiting the property (visiting, not staying) and the age group of the guests. I've been told by one of the cottage owners that they've had trouble with wedding guests staying at their property before and "we are not a good fit."

I'm going to look into the Honua Kai condos since there will be about 20 guests that are definite at this point. Renting multiple condos might be a better option since it'll give our families and friends some space and lessen the face-time together given that we are all planning to stay for a week lol
  • Options
    We're staying at the Kahana Village, and hosting a BBQ the night before the wedding (it was a priority for us to have a pre-wedding event, and like others have mentioned, found the relatively affordable houses we were considering too restrictive).  Others on this board recommended Kahana Village in previous posts, and online reviews are very positive.  Wedding is 12/1, so will make sure to mention how well this works out in any reviews that I post.
  • Options
    Lindsayscottc - Thank you! I'll check out Kahana Village... plz let us know what you thought about it too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards