Hawaii
Options

NWR: share your V-day plans/food/menus!

What is everyone doing for the big day o' love?!

today was our 4 year dating anniv. so we went out to breakfast at a newer place in town. the food was disappointing but it was still a fun experience.

for valentines day DH is cooking! that is rare around here so I am excited. He is making salad, asparagus and grilled salmon...simply but so delicious. I am in charge of dessert - chocolate souffle and homemade cookies n' cream ice cream! We also picked up a bottle of wine to go with dinner. I don't usually get into valentines day but this year I feel up for it!

We'll probably do a big dinner next week at.. Roys! to celebrate our anniv. and spend some time together. I got a fabulous dress that I am just dying to wear out!

a+k

Photobucket

Re: NWR: share your V-day plans/food/menus!

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww that sounds lovely! We never usually celebrate Valentine's day, however this year I felt that we needed to for some reason. Last year I was really bummed that I didn't even get to see him because he was in Vancouver for the Olympics, and this year I am recently back after being away for 2 weeks for the Super Bowl.

I made us dinner reservations at my favorite restaurant, it's very nice and it's nearby. We're going to go out to a romantic meal, nothing else terribly special, but I'm just happy to have some time to spend together :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI & I are long distance, so probably doing our usual...eating at home, on the computers, chatting on gtalk.  LOL.  Riveting, I know.  Maybe I'll have a pizza delivered.  mmmmm...

I WANT CHOCOLATE SOUFFLE AND COOKIES AND ICE CREAM!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had planned on a nice dinner out last night to avoid the crowds, but fiance flaked and forgot. Grrr... 

But tonight, I'm cooking a filet mignon roast, spinach salad and I'm making wine cake cupcakes with homemade frosting. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI gave me a new orchid and a box of Moonstruck truffles this morning while playing Frank Sinatra's Funny Valentine in the background. Pretty cute. I gave him a bag of what we call crack, the cherry cordial kisses. Also gave him a new lime squeezer.  He likes to make drinks with fresh juices and some how we lost the one we had over the summer.

Not positive what we are doing tonight.  We are leaving for vacation on Saturday and decided not to do much tonight.  I know we are going to go work out at the gym together and I'm going to sign up for 3 months with a personal trainer. We will probably grab a bite to eat after that.

Hope you all have a great day and enjoy all of your fun sounding plans.
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I don't usually do V-day out - we would rather not spend our money on jacked up chocolates and flowers and packed out restaurants for a day we're "supposed" to celebrate our love for each other, call me cheap and unromantic but we kinda feel V-day is more for single people LOL.  

We will usually do something around V-day but we usually stick around home to do it because it's more intimate. Friday night I made a great dinner, lit all the candles at home, and enjoyed dinner with a bottle of red and just sat and talked..... no tv, no stressful wedding talk or to do lists was the rule Smile  and just enjoyed each others company.
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_nwr-share-v-day-plansfoodmenus?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:d5dabb6c-4018-4ffe-af2b-88ac54f8531cPost:4eed7013-fe9a-4794-af4e-20be1b0b6e60">Re: NWR: share your V-day plans/food/menus!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Friday night I made a great dinner, lit all the candles at home, and enjoyed dinner with a bottle of red and just sat and talked..... no tv, no stressful wedding talk or to do lists was the rule   and just enjoyed each others company.
    Posted by cryssv[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>That sounds so lovely! We don't normally do V-Day either. It's definitely mostly for families with young kids and new couples. For some reason this year I'm actually into it. Go figure :P
    <div>
    </div></div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We normally don't do much for v-day but this year I noticed my FI had already bought me a card a few weeks ago (he left it laying out but i didn't read it). So I bought him a card as well and a photography magazine, I asked if he could cook me dinner so he's making chicken ceaser wraps and I'm bringing some champagne home. We're also planning to buy some iphone & ipod accessories for  each other online tonight as well-not really romantic lol.
  • Options
    sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I took FI out to wine tasting on sat, it was both of our first times!  It was pretty fun.  Tonight we're just going to chill and he bought a bottle of rose champagne for us.  I'm getting him a cd he's been wanting.  We take turns planning v-day each year.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We had friends over!

I made:

Mark Bittman's Baked Brazilian Beans & Grilled Pineapple and Red Onion Salsa
    Saffron Brown Rice with Yellow Yams
    Roasted Beets (cut into heart shapes - we called them heart beets... groan)
    Blood Orange Sorbet
    Reese's Cups (homemade with almond filling!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards