Alaska
Options

Alaska Beer

Has anyone been quoted on serving Alaska beer at the reception?  I keep thinking it would be fun (esp for our mostly OOT guests) to experience some Alaska White (my favorite!) and other Alaska beer goodies.  i am wondering if it would be comparable to regular beers or more expensive.
I married my best friend on July 8, 2011

Re: Alaska Beer

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how much it would be. I think it would definitely be more expensive than say, bud or coors, but I think it's worth it. I love Alaska White, too, and we'll probably serve it as well. We might get a keg of that and a keg of something else.
  • Options
    tamaralenaetamaralenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brown Jug fills kegs and you can rent everything from them. They have a very large selection of beer. Local and non. We've gotten kegs filled at Mooses Tooth and Brewhouse, and plan to do that for the wedding too, as well as homebrew.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oohh!! Good idea!! Mooses Tooth! Will have to look into that!
  • Options
    sethandmaiasethandmaia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My brother and sister-in-law got married a couple of weeks ago, and they went with pony kegs from Midnight Sun. They were a big hit. (In fact, I think one leftover keg ended up at an after party at a trusted friend's house.)
  • Options
    tamaralenaetamaralenae member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Midnight Sun has AWESOME beer too and a lot of selection, man we have so many great local breweries for options! Snow Goose too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been told that it's cheaper to get the kegs from the Brown Jug Warehouse. They do the full size kegs of locally brewed beers. I was told that Mooses Tooth only sells the pony kegs on site but I may be wrong.
    When buying the brew from Brown Jug, I believe you put a down payment on the kegs that is refundable when you return the empty keg in good condition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could check out The Silver Gulch in Fox. Their stuff is pretty delicious and I don't even like beer!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having Silver Gulch at my wedding, but I haven't decided which flavors...will have to see what yummy seasonals are available in January!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I can get Moose's Tooth at Brown Jug?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards