Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

AH, Parking help at PEC

Ladies, HELP!!!! There is a Gopher's game the day of our wedding, November 12th and we don't know the time of the game....what are parking options for this issue?  Anyone ever had this problem.....!!! Any advice you have would be much appreciated!

Re: AH, Parking help at PEC

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They have a huge parking lot available to guests. It's kiddie corner to PEC.  I don't think just anyone can use it, but I would contact Heather about any concerns.  She is great about answering any questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

That lot isn't avaiable during Gopher games, that's the issue.  Heather said Shuttles, but i am curious if there is any other parking available.  Thanks for the post though. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Even if there were parking lots I think it would likely be a huge headache for your guest, given the game and the extensive construction projects going on in that area.  I'm at the U everyday and roadways seems to change constantly with the light rail project, so shuttle might just be the easiest way to go!  Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks.  We intentionally checked the Gopher football schedule before we booked a weekend.  (The schedules are usually available 3-4 years out.) The good thing for you is that the Gophers suck, a lot, so they usually have the 11am or noon games ;) I would direct your guests to stay off campus and pay for a shuttle into campus for them (and make sure they know they need to leave early.)  Where are you having your ceremony?

ETA: nevermind. They play Wisconsin that weekend. I hope you've called and blocked rooms already, because the hotels will be completely sold out that weekend (and will likely have a two-night minimum.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards