Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Average wedding costs - how does MN compare?

TK released the average wedding costs for 2011 today and I still think it's so crazy! I understand that some areas are more expensive, but still...

Anyways, I wondered what the average prices are in MN? I'm not sure if they have it broken down, but if anyone doesn't mind sharing, I'd love to see. Here is their infograph:

We're still a year out but this is an idea of where we'd be with our budget:

Reception venue: No rental fee, minimum of $5950 (includes food)

Engagement ring: Can't remember exact price but I think he said it was on sale for around $800.

Reception band: Skipping.

Photographer: The front runner right now charges $1800 for her best possible package.

Ceremony site: $300, but that goes toward the hall minimum.

Gown: Budget is around $500 but with alterations I'm going to say $700. Hopefully cheaper though.

Florist/decor: Not planning on any real flowers. So the cost will significantly go down. I can also apply decor to the minimum if we use theirs. I random guess would be around $500 for centerpieces, bouquets, stuff like that. Most likely cheaper.

Reception DJ: He is matching the in house DJ price of $475.

Transportation: Right now, skipping. May have a shuttle to and from the hotel for guests but I'll need details on that.

Ceremony musicians: Might skip (may use my DJ?) but my friend offered her string trio for $200 (which is paying for the other two, not her. Plan on tipping her VERY well!).

Wedding cake: Planning on cupcakes because they're cheaper. Can't remember exact cost but I think it was like $300 or so. Goes toward minimum.

Invitations: I really think I can do them for like $1-2/invitation. So I'll say like $250.

Favors: Was going to skip this but my mom insists. Probably won't cost more than $100 and I'm not paying for it so I'm not including this ;-)

Catering: I'll say food is $30/plate but that's overestimating. I am planning on providing beer and wine, so I'll add like $600. Comes out to $33/person. Awesome. Also, food goes into the minimum.

SO.. if I add all this up.. it comes to about $11275. Doesn't account for tax and tipping of course. Oh, at this is for ~200 people in Minneapolis.

That was kinda long but if you have the time I'd really love to see an approximate budget to see what's normal around here :-)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Average wedding costs - how does MN compare?

• Options
    edited March 2012
    Not including rings or honeymoon, our wedding was $17,000 for 125 people.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Reception venue: $500

Engagement ring: $2800

Reception band: $500

Photographer: $2500

Ceremony site: $650

Gown/Veil: $850

Florist/decor: $400

Reception DJ: $629

Transportation: Skipping for now because we don't know if we will provide transportation.

Ceremony musicians: $0, using the CD player and sound system at the site.

Wedding cake: $250

Invitations: $200

Favors: $100

Catering: $3000 ($20 per plate for 150 people)

Alcohol: $500

Groom's Ring: $25

Hair/Makeup: $200

Wedding Coordinator: $200

Total: $13,304
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards