Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Transportation for Bridal Party HELP!

I have sticker shock.

I just got off the phone with custom limos and can't believe how much it is going to cost for 4 hours of transportation!

I am looking for a way to transport my bridal party to the reception site from seperate hotels.  We would like to pick up the boys at their hotel, pick up the ladies and then drive around downtown KC for pictures and get dropped off at our ceremony/reception site downtown....

Can anyone recommend companies that can do this without breaking our budget?  we were looking at trolleys, but really anything that will hold 14-16 people will be considered at this point.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

Re: Transportation for Bridal Party HELP!

• Options
    HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of quotes have you gotten and what companies (other than custom) have you spoken with?

We're wokring with Horizon Limo for our wedding. We have a substantially different limo order, so it wouldn't help to compare our quote but my friend just recently rented a limo for her birthday (the SUV kind). With gratuity, for 4 hours, it was $660 which would = ~$160/hour.

Also, have you considered renting on of those 16 passenger vans or taking two smaller limos?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've been getting quotes similar to the rate your friend paid...we are now talking to our photographer to see if 4 hours is really necessary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might reconsider how long you plan to take photographs so that you are not exhausted for your ceremony/reception.  With a good photographer, often an hour is enough.
    Trolley's typically cost more than a SUV limo or limo bus.  You can also consider a RV if a friend/family member has a nice one.  It's a great alternative that can really save you money.
    Best wishes to you!

Sincerely,

Julie Blanner
    Coordinately Yours
  • Options
    jamienryanjamienryan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't posted here in a while since I got married 3 years ago, but I was checking some stuff out for my friend and I saw your question.  We had about 14 people in our bridal party and we used Executive Limo and loved them.  I wasn't even sure if they were still in business so I looked them up - here is the link to the 14 passenger coach we used.  It was our favorite memory of our wedding day - we had drinks waiting for us and we cruised around before the reception.   http://www.execlimokc.com/fleet/14.asp
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards