Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Hair salons?

I admit, I'm not nearly as fussy about my hair as I should be, so I usually just hit the Regis Hairstylists at the mall when I want my hair cut or styled. But they can be really hit or miss sometimes depending on who's doing my hair, so I don't want to use them for my wedding day. Does anyone have any ideas for where I can go to get me and my BMs' hair done? I considered Beauty Brands but I wanted to see what other options there are. My max budget for my hair is $75, and I was hoping for something a little cheaper for my BMs. Any suggestions?

Re: Hair salons?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Encounters Salon & Day Spa in Overland Park. I have not actually been there, but I've heard good reviews. The plus for us is that they can do 5 girls at once, they also do make-up and the up do is $53.
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ehhh... that's a bit far from where we'll all be (We'll be in Independence). Do you know if they will travel, or do we have to go there?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I read on another post about some girls in Lees Summit that travel to you. Tricia Root and also Emily Holmes. We live in Independence too, but our wedding will be in Greenwood and I think I will contact one of these girls about hair and makeup.

Here is Tricia's website:
    http://triciaroot.sitesvp.com/

Couldnt find one for Emily

Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    gahitegahite member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am a hair stylist, and when I was in beauty school, I did hair and makeup onsite for two weddings. I went to Regency Beauty Institute, and charged a flat rate of fifty dollars per person for hair and make up. I know you are probably thinking why would I let a student touch my hair on my wedding day....well thats why stylists really suggest doing a trial run before your big day, so anything you dont like can be fixed before the big day, and really try to be open to suggestions because a picture you may find may not be the best style for your hair type. Good luck finding a stylist you love, and when you do find one, stick with him or her, because they start to "know" your hair and what really will look the best on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards