Louisiana-Baton Rouge
Options

Help! Rain threatening engagement pics!

So this is the third time we've rescheduled our engagement pictures due to rain, and I really need to get these pics taken so we can send out our save the dates. We are supposed to take our pictures around downtown Baton Rouge.

Does anyone know any place we could take our pictures indoors if it's raining? I have no idea. I know the Shaw Center for the Arts is open (our session is from 5:30-7:30 pm), but can we take pics in there? What about the Old State Capitol? Does it open its doors for Live After Five?

Anyone know any other plan B's? Anyone?? :)
September 2011 siggy challenge- Shoes!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help! Rain threatening engagement pics!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The old state capitol is gorgous inside.  The casinio, forget it's name but the atrium is pretty as well.

Oh sorry just read your last paragraph, do they have a web site that you can look for hours that the capitol is open? Another thought creepy I know but beatiful The Mrytle's Plantation? The lobby of one of the nicer hotels?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Old Governors Mansion and Old State Capitol are beautiful places to take pics, but if you aren't having your wedding/reception there, they can be expensive to shoot. Both places have a site fee for photography sessions.

We took some of our pics in the Shaw Center and no one bothered us.

Also, try Hotel Indigo - their new lobby looks pretty chic.

Another suggestion that you may hate - take your pictures at dawn.  It's rarely raining, usually cooler, and you'll get better light.
  • Options
    nolabride12nolabride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok this might be hard to do, but find places that are covered so the rain would be in the background.. I have done pictures like that and they were awesome .... I would just go with it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards