Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Bridal Shower Venue

I need some help.  I am in a tight spot with my MOH planning a shower for me.  I know I shouldn't really be involved in the planning, but I also don't think it is fair for me to throw her into the middle of my mom and FMIL.

Each mom thinks they know best where the party should happen, MOH is trying to be diplomatic by going to neutral territory. But now trying to find an affordable venue is becoming difficult.

She wants to do something outdoors, but then there becomes the issue of my sister and niece having severe anxiety attacks near bees or other flying insects.  So I am kinda thinking that something with an outdoors feel might be better. (but would actually like something outdoors)

It also needs to be able to hold 50 people.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Bridal Shower Venue

• Options
    dawnmhaydendawnmhayden member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What area are you looking in?  I see you are getting married in Frederick-what about the Comus Inn near Sugarloaf?  If you are looking Baltimore, maybe try some of the restaurants in Little Italy (I know it's not really the outdoors feel you are going for but they usually can accomodate a group for a reasonable price).  I also think M&S grill in the harbor does some private parties. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What area?  Are you looking for something like a restaurant or a room rental where you can bring in your own food?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long to respond. I just now got home from work.

Looking in the Sykesville, Ellicott City area.

I think MOH would prefer something where she could bring food in, but at this point open to any suggestions.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Howard County Parks and Rec has a few indoor venues that can be rented out: http://www.co.ho.md.us/RAP/RAP_FacilPavil.htm#anch232631

Does anyone live in an apartment or condo complex that has a common/party room that can be rented out?  I've been to a few showers and other events in those types of rooms and it worked out very well.

Another option would be to do a fire hall or other type of community rental.  Some of the villages in Columbia have space and I'm not sure if they are included on the Parks & Rec site.  Here is one in Dorsey's Search: http://dorseyssearch.columbiavillages.org/rental

I hope this helps...good luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards