Michigan-Detroit
Options

Engagement Photos

FI and I already booked our photographer which includes our engagement photos locally. We don't have anywhere of huge meaning to us in the area but are sure we could find somewhere pretty at least.  We both are emotionally attached to Grand Haven (Where we had our first date and lived for the beginning of our relationship).  We know GH has the beach, the pier and downtown....all of which create amazing photos.  The cost for our photographers to travel would be $300, which is reasonable but I am deciding if it is worth it.  So what do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement Photos

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since it has ties to your relationship and if you could afford it I would do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree, since Grand Haven is so meaningful I would do it. If it were me, I would probably just do a cheaper option but then regret not doing what I really wanted, so save yourself the regret if you can afford it!
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd save the money... e-pics are cool for the time until your married, but then you probably won't do anything with them after the wedding.  That's alot of money for something you might not even use that much.

If you'd really like pics in Grand Haven, I'd ask for some recs of a photog out there.  I'm sure you could easily find someone who was less than $300.;
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ITA with abbylynne06..........if I had an extra $300 I'd be using it for my wedding. There are tons of great places everywhere to take pics.
  • Options
    missmelanie81missmelanie81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I say no. Im cheap though..lol. If you really want some pics out there...have a friend go with you and do them for free!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd do it, but to get my moneys worth, I would make a weekend trip of it. Maybe take pics on Friday and then stay until Sunday. Also, does your photog charge to travel? ETA: total reading fail on my part!! $300 for photog travel alone is a lot. You've also got your travel expenses (gas, lunch/dinner, hotel if you stay over the night...). If it means a lot to you, then go. If you're just looking for a beachy feel then try Metro Beach or somewhere along that line.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't do it.

Engagement photos are nice to have, but honestly, I'm not even married yet and we hardly use them for anything.  And once we have wedding photos, I'm sure the engagement photos will hardly ever be looked at.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A combo of previous responses: No, don't spend the money on that. BUT you could spend a weekend in GH and have a friend take some photos (honestly, I think with a decent digital camera and DIY editing sites, you could pull it off) since it means a lot to you. [:
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I sorta feel like, even as sweet as it'd be, that it'd be a waste :( I feel like the memories of GH won't show in your pictures. Yes, it'd be pretty but i think you should find somewhere local. save the money, use it on something else. that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input.  I think what we've decided is a mix between the two, we will use our session included in our paage locally ( we do not have printing rights to these so we are just using this for us to get used to our photographers and vice versa).  We will either hire a photographer who wll give us printing rights to do them in GH, we've already found cheaper options or we will find someone with a good camera to take some. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd skip it.  Epics are about you and your fiance, not so much about the location/scenery.  YOU are the focus.  We had ours done in downtown Birmingham and my favorite photo is a close up of my fiance and I sitting on the grass in the park - you'd never even know where we were, but it makes me smile every time I see it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards