New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Reviews and Married Bio (long)

Well, it's a little late, but here are reviews from my 7/3 wedding.  I'm not into the whole A+++++++ grading thing, so A+ is my highest grade.  I've also made a married bio - with photos - which should (hopefully) link to the bottom of this page.  Venue: Castle on the Hudson - A+The whole night was terrific - the food was amazing, and the rooms we were in were incredibly beautiful (especially the dinner room).  I had many guests tell me it was the most beautiful wedding they've ever been too - and the food was incredible.  We set up our wedding European style - the guests all ate together in the formal dining room, and then after dinner (before dessert) we all moved to the ballroom for dancing.  It worked really well.  And the Viennese table (outside of the ballroom) was unbelievable!  And everyone we dealt with was very helpful and accommodating. The venue is pricey, but in my opinion definitely worth it.   Flowers: Arcadia - AI know they have had some negative reviews lately, but I honestly had no problems with Arcadia.  I called two weeks before my wedding to give a final count, and was told I could mail a check - and if I paid the week of the wedding it would need to be cash.  Then I called three days before to confirm they received the check and confirm delivery time.  Yes - they didn't call me, but to me, it wasn't a big deal to make the call myself.  The flowers were delivered on-time and were absolutely beautiful!  Actually much more so than I expected.  The only negative thing was they brought the bag of rose petals for the aisle to my bridal suite, rather than with the ceremony decor.  With the craziness of getting ready, the bag never made it to the people who were setting up.  So - we had no rose petals to line the aisle, which truthfully wasn't a big deal to me.Photography: Peter Oberc - A+We loved Peter from our first meeting.  He has tons of energy and made us really comfortable.  He took so many AMAZING photos!  And he does the album design himself (rather than outsource it) so we get exactly what we want, and the turnaround is really fast.  We were married 7/3 and we're already working on our final layout.    Video: NY Video Group (Peter Rodriguez): n/aHaven't see any footage yet - but Peter was really nice, and easy to work with.Music: SerafinaCeremony/Cocktail Hour/Dinner: A+We used live musicians for the first half of the night - a string quartet for the ceremony and dinner, and a jazz duo for the cocktail hour.  They were great, and I got lots of compliments from guests about how much they LOVED having the string quartet during dinner, because it was so elegant.  Dancing Reception: A-Once we left the dining room, and moved to the ballroom, we had a DJ and MC.  They we good - but not incredible.  They played all the songs on our playlist, but didn't do anything wonderful.  The dance floor was packed all night - but we had guests who love to dance.  I don't really have anything negative to say, I guess I just wish they interacted with the crowd more.Cake: Patisserie Lulu's: BI have such mixed feelings.  The cake itself was unbelievable (and also the grooms cake).  It was beautiful and delicious - even the fondant, which many people don't like.  People told me it was the best cake they've ever had.  BUT - they forgot our cake topper!  I custom ordered the most adorable cake topper, and was so excited about it - and it never got put on our cake.  We went there after our wedding to find out what happened and was told the person in charge was out the day we brought the topper in, and the guy who took it (probably a high school kid) really shouldn't have.  So, they're making us an exact replica of our wedding cake - with the topper - and delivering it to us - all for free.  We can have this done anytime up to our one year anniversary.  Not sure what I'll do with another 3 tier wedding cake - but I never got to try two of the flavors that night, so it'll be fun to try them...Honeymoon: Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora: A+It was an absolutely luxurious, amazing vacation - and the perfect mix of activities and relaxation.  It is so beautiful there - the water was like nothing I've ever seen - it's turquoise.  And our resorts were just unbelievable.  The over-water bungalows were modern and beautiful.  And the service was wonderful.  I truly felt like a celebrity.  I won't go into all the details, but if you're considering French Polynesia page me, and I'll give you the details. 

Re: Reviews and Married Bio (long)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Your wedding sounded beautiful and your honeymoon as well! I love The Castle, it's such a gorgeous place.
  • Options
    mmo510mmo510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like a perfect day!   Congrats.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beth-
    Your wedding sounded wonderful!  We are also thinking of using Peter Oberc for our photography, but my question is that when he gives you the disc of high res photos, did he also give you the right to those photos as well?  So that you were able to print your own?

Thanks!!
    Caitlin
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards