Michigan-Detroit
Options

Barrister House

We just looked at Barrister House, and it seemed great... I was wondering if anyone has had their wedding there or been to a wedding there... what did you think! Thanks

Re: Barrister House

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to two wedding there. It was nice and the service was nice too. I do remember being swarmed by fish flies after one of the weddings but other than that everything was nice. Congrats on the check!
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Alot of people are going to say that its nice. But I have had 2 horrible experiences with them. 1 of them just this past weekend.
    My friend had her bridal shower there, and had the hall rented for four hours. After she got done opening her gifts at the 3 hour mark, they came in and started taking down the tables, while the guests were still sitting there! And to make matters worse, when the manager/owner was confronted with questions on why, he started screaming and throwing things infront of all of her guests.

When I went in to view the place for my own wedding, the guy was late for the appointment. Asked me over 4 times how many people I was expecting, kept running in and out of the office, and started screaming at this women who was decorating the hall for her sons wedding that night. I walked out after the 4th time he asked me how many people I was expecting.

But I know July032011 has had a wonderful experience with them, and so have other people, but me personally, has only had bad experiences.
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard a lot of mixed reviews.  From my own experience, I thought the manager was very unprofessional and was really only concerned with the money I would be giving him for the event.  Needless to say, I didn't go with them.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding reception is going to be held there on Friday, October 21 at 7pm. My fiance and I have been very happy and pleased with the service that we are getting from them!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to several weddings there and they were great. :) When you talk to the ladies in the office, be sure to negotiate because they ALWAYS will come down in price. I've had several friends book weddings there and they will work with you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding was just there on Jul;y 3. They went above and beyond and everything was perfect. The food was great at the tastings and even better the day of the wedding. We couodn't have picked a better place and we loved the bang for out buck. We got everything that we wanted in terms of dinner, aps, premium bar, ambiance, and quaility for an excellent price. My standards are high and Barrister House surprassed my expectations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards