New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Florist recommendation

Be careful in the Rhinebeck area.  I originally planned to work with a small florist that I knew and then it was recommended that I meet Tina from Bella Fiori by my venue.  Her work , once finally done, is very pretty but I don't know how anyone works with her.  To her credit, when we did meet, she spent a lot of time with me and was very thorough.  She had very nice ideas too.  However, she was the most unprofessional vendor I have ever met.  While she had a "legitimate" excuse each time, she was late  (I mean really late) or cancelled or no-showed all of our meetings (4).  If I said anything, she would find a way to try to turn it around and blame me somehow or defend it.  In the end, I left her and went back to the small florist because Tina swore that the flowers I wanted couldn't be found this time of year, and couldn't get my budget in the range I wanted.  I had never even given Tina a deposit because she never even got around to writing up a contract based on all the cancelled meetings so we hadn't settled on things yet.  When I told her I was going with someone else, she was angry and got into an email dispute with me accusing me of "wasting her time" and  how she wouldn't have met with me if she knew I was "price shopping." (uh, aren't we all watching the budget just a little?) I don't care how good your end product is....if this is how you conduct business, you won't do well.  The small florist (Green Oaks, Dot Chenovert, in Hyde Park) is phenomenal.  I am sooooo glad I switched.  I'd highly reccomend using Dot.  She was pleasant, efficient, great, creative ideas, VERY reasonable pricing ( $20 delivery vs Tina's $80) and very attentive.

Re: Florist recommendation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this... I've been playing phone/email tag with Tina at Bella Fiori for the past week.  I didn't love the vibe I was getting from her but you know, I am "price shopping".  My mom is actually friends with Dot at Green Oaks from a long time ago, I didn't even think of them.  I should look into it!

Where's your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards