New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Photographer and other questions

Hi, I am a newcomer on the knot board.  My name is Danielle and my fiancee's name is Steven.  We are both from Croton-on-Hudson, NY.  I have known my fiancee since we were in middle school.  His sister is my best friend =)  Our wedding date is May 27, 2012.  I want to have a beach themed wedding, however the colors are hard to pick out.  I wanted a bright blue with a cream color, but my fiancee doesn't really agree. Any suggestions?  We have booked the Patriot Hills in Stony Point for our reception.  I am in the process of looking for good photographers, since pictures are really important to me.  Any suggestions for photographers?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer and other questions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfonso - www.photographybyalfonso.com

He is young and has a great team! I know 4 people that have used or are using him for their June/July weddings. You will be impressed if you meet with him.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually going to be using Alfonso for my July 3, 2011 Wedding.  I'm so excited to work with him.  His pictures are unbelievable.  I just set up a date for my Engagement Photo Session with him so that should be coming up soon =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I booked Kimberly Salem for photography and I'm very excited to work with her.
    http://www.kimberlysalem.com/

As far as colors, a bright blue (turquoise) with a golden-orange looks nice together.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome Danielle! I'm right up the road from you in Montrose =)

Jake Bergmeier www.nodophotography.com, he's fabulous.

As for colors, I would've thought the same ones as you. However, not all beaches are the same colors. There oceans that are more aqua or green-blue. Just a thought

Jaimie

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Patriot Hills - they truly put on a fabulous event!

For photographers, definitely check out Ricky Restiano - I cannot say enough about how incredible his work truly is.

As for colors, my cousin was married on a beach, and the girls wore emerald green dresses, and they used brightly colored flowers - yellows and oranges - it looked really pretty, and wasn't the standard blue and cream.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    lawyer707lawyer707 member
    edited December 2011
    treat her nice ladies! She's my best friend!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    edited December 2011
    I used Majestic Studios...loved them and honestly, i have seen his recent work on FB and think he is even better than when I got married...by that I just mean there are even more cool shots!

As far as colors, you could even do a blue (like navy or royal), white and yellow...or two of those with other accents.

and, any friend of linda's is a friend of ours ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    JteeganJteegan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Like ssage, we also used Majestic Studios. And it was well worth it. (We splurged on photo) Very happy with the quality of their work.

As far as the color scheme - one of the greatest places to get color ideas for weddings is actually at a paint store!  

Seriously!

Go to Home Depot or Lowe's or Sherwin Williams (any store that has a paint dept) and go through the paint chips. Usually they have individual chips, but what's really great are the swatches that have three or four complementary shades together. That way you can grab a bunch and go through with your fiance what shades of blue and cream you both like (and can agree on).

That way you can also find the blue color you like most and the cream color you like most and show them to him. If he's not crazy about that combination, you can tweak from there. And decide on a range of blues that are "ok" and a range of creams that are ok. And use those paint swatch colors as a guide when you go into dress stores. Most designers have quite a few shades of blue! But bu narrowing down the ok tones with your fiance first, you will know when you go into the store if a particular shade is going to be ok with him! Sky and midnight are completely different shades of blue. And one companies "pool" usually is NOT the same as another companies "pool". The colors from different companies just happen to share the same name, but may be nothing alike.

Also, Dessy has teamed up with the Pantone color company. So they have some paint swatch / dress ezact match thing going on.

I was also all about color, and looked at a bunch of different designers to get just the right color for the dresses. We ended up gong with Watters cherry and it was beautiful! And well worth al the time I put in! It was exactly the shade that I was looking for. (If yuo aslk DH, he will tell you the girls were in red dresses. Men just don't understand! lol!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the paint store idea =)  That is a great idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Elyssa Davidson of EID Photography is out of this world!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards