Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Stupid things people do at work.

Pick up the phone and call me from 15 feet away.And...go.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb

Re: Stupid things people do at work.

• Options
    Use the intercom to talk to someone in a different office, hang up and then yell more to them.  Just intercom them again.
    Kailyn Jean Born August 6, 2011 (3w6d early) imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Planning Bio
  • Options
    Hahaha, I do that to one of my co-workers sometimes, but mostly just because I think it's funny.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Knot all day instead of doing real work. Wait, what?
  • Options
    My old boss used to call me from 15 feet away and say "can you come into my office?" which wasn't really an office but a walled off area right next to where I sat.  When I would go into her "office" she would tell me "I'm writing you an email about this project" and then expect me to hover awkwardly over her shoulder while she wrote said email.  She also burnt popcorn every day at precisely 4 pm.  You could set a clock by the burnt popcorn smell.
  • Options
    My brother in law and I just got into a fight with Funnoodles. I just said "You're not my father. ::Vroom vroom noises::"
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    Ditto email. Why send 10 emails back and forth when I'm 20 feet down the hall from you? Because then you don't bother people by yelling down the hallway.  :)

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Turn up the radio at their desk and then leave the room. GAH.
  • Options
    Walk all the way over to my desk to talk to me when an IM would suffice.
  • Options
    My secretary intercoms me when someone is on the phone. All she has to do is lean her head back and she can see/talk to me.When someone comes in to see our boss, she will walk all the way to his office to notify him, instead of intercom-ing him.

It is true that pit bulls grab and hold on. But what they most
    often grab and refuse to let go of is your heart

imageimage
  • Options
    im reception. extension 0. people will call from elsewhere in the building and say "can i have extension # ___" ummm, ok, why didnt you dial that extension instead of zero?
  • Options
    i find the customers to be stupider than my co-workers.
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Use their speakerphone with the highest volume setting...and talk to their wife.
  • Options
    or is it more stupid?
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto email. Why send 10 emails back and forth when I'm 20 feet down the hall from you?Could be because they refuse to be near the person they have to talk to.The person I'm thinking of refuses to come into my office except to tell me I'm not doing anything right and would also be unable to cc the world with in person discussion.
  • Options
    See, Geekgirl, I prefer to get up and walk to see the coworker.  I don't often send email to people on my floor unless I need them to have a record of something, a link to something, or they weren't at their desk when I stopped by.I also don't spend the time to look up someone's extension in the directory to phone them when it would take much less time to just walk.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • Options
    My coworker that works 10 feet from me emails me all day long. I just delete them.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ditto email. Why send 10 emails back and forth when I'm 20 feet down the hall from you?I do this because I want everything my idiot co-workers say in writing. I work with too many liars or people who refuse to be accountable for their actions.My beef is with people who call me, I don't answer because I'm busy, they don't leave a voicemail. But they can continue to call me, hang up, call back 10 seconds later, hang up, call back, and so on. Leave me a message if it's that important. I'll get back to you as soon as I'm free.
  • Options
    The Reply Allers.
  • Options
    My GM will walk down the hall to my office to ask me to make him a lunch reservation... then he'll come back in 5 minutes to make sure I was able to get him in at whatever restaurant.  Seriously dude, you wasted more time than had you looked up the fuucking phone number yourself.   

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • Options
    I.hate.it when I'm in the bathroom stall at work and the person in the next stall starts talking to me.  Um, may I please relieve myself in peace?  kthxbai
  • Options
    Steal my pipetman and 1x PBS (I think this only makes sense if you work in a lab). And I am a little embarrassed I've had to resort to labeling my freaking pens with lab tape!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also think its stoopid when people come into my office, realize theres a lincoln log house and the floor and walk right over and destroy it. Jerks.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    If you take a crap, use the freakin air freshener, okay? This office is way too tiny to put up with your crap smell for the next 20 min.
  • Options
    Steal my good pens!!!
  • Options
    Fische, who would do that??And can I come over and play with your logs?
  • Options
    Or change my radio station when I'm not in the office.
  • Options
    Someone who wasn't looking where they were going! DRATS! And yes! You can play with my lincoln logs anytime!

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    This is kind of off topic, but a lady in my office does her hair like Wolverine (only more extreme). It makes me die a little inside everytime I see her.
  • Options
    Burn popcorn in the microwave.  Thanks for stinking up the entire floor.  OR bring in their stinky fish from last night to much on.
  • Options
    Moose - I, personally, prefer an IM or email because it's less disruptive to my co-workers. I work software QA and it's really quiet in our little cubicle hive. Secondly, if I'm busy I don't have to immediately respond to an IM or email. Also, like Vogt mentioned, written correspondence provides accountability. Plus, if it's regarding something technical, I can go back and reference the email or IM log.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards