Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Online RSVP

I want to know everyone's opinion on asking your guests to RSVP online. Is it tacky? Too casual? Will everyone know how to do it?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Online RSVP

• Options
    I don't know that I'd say "tacky," but I do think if you have a formal wedding, then online RSVPs are a little too casual. I've received some invitations with online RSVPs, but the weddings were more laid-back/casual and the couples were very into going green and saving on paper.

If you do the online RSVP, I would have an option for those not comfortable using the Internet (I know our grandparents never get on it). Maybe list a phone number they can call to RSVP instead?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    I think it depends on your guest list. 
    Are you having a lot of older people that you are inviting? Would they know how to RSVP online? 

If you want to save money, I would recommend RSVP postcards to save on postage.
  • Options
    Does everyone on your guest list have access to a computer?
  • Options
    Our guest list is largely friends (groom doesn't want to invite his extended family) and relatives who, as far as I know, have access to a computer (even my grandpa). I'm not concerned about our guests' ability to RSVP, but how they would accept the request to RSVP online.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    we are doing both. Some people will find it a good way to do it right away (yes I have family that would be too lazy to get up and mail a card back to us even though its addressed and stamped) but some people won't do it, will forget or don't want to....we are giving both options.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    I'm doing both. Sending mail-back RSVPs to the older guests and technically illiterate folks. I am including a card that has instructions for the RSVP. I can't afford the stamps even if I wanted to have everyone mail them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards