Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

I can't take you seriously if...

...you are 25 and still filming your parties to show what an awesome group of drinkers/rager throwers you are to the world

...you are in a sweet car like a maserati and you are going 50 in the middle lane

...you are asking about invitations and bridal party gifts when your wedding is two years out

Re: I can't take you seriously if...

• Options
    you double post?  :)  Sorry, couldn't help myself!
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    JK10910JK10910 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2010
    ...you put expensive rims on your 15 year old rustbucket.  Rims should not cost more than your vehicle.  Bonus points when it's here in the midwest where you can only have the rims on for 6-8 months out of the year.

...you have perfectly styled hair and makeup, walking on the treadmill while talking on the phone.

...you treat the gym like a bar and try to pick people up.  I'm here to work out, you should try it.  It's fun.

...you wear Ugg boots and mini skirts in January.

...you wear Ugg boots and a mini skirt during any month.

...you think black jeans, a tank top, and flip flops are acceptable interview attire.
  • Options
    ...you pop your collar.

...you talk in an affected little girl voice (This is directed to really only one person, haha)

...you update your FB status every 2 minutes.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a932c14-7196-4250-bd1c-f03e010ff8d7Post:78982ecd-db86-4cd7-9064-2a12199cab79">Re: I can't take you seriously if...</a>:
    [QUOTE]you double post?  :)  Sorry, couldn't help myself!
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]

Ah, TK giveth, and TK taketh away.
  • Options
    ...you are wearing capri length harem pants

...the man you are with is sporting a full-on mullet or rats tail

...you aren't wearing shoes in the mall

(yes, I have seen all three of the above IRL recently)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I ditto TR's popper collar.  I double can't take you seriously if you only pop half your collar.  Man up and make a decision, at least.
  • Options
    JK,  you beat me to the rim thing. I got gas this morning next to a dude in a 1980 something rusted out mercury with at least 22 inch rims. Ridic.

You have a pink John Deere stag sticker on your car.

Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options

Damn you squirrly!! I'll get you for this!

... you hyphenate your married name Mrs Smith-Jones and he hyphenates his Mr. Jones-Smith

• Options
    ... your love of fake tan makes you resemble an oompa loompa

... you and your babies life has melded together into one and you no longer have your own identity anymore other than "mom" or "dad"

... you spend money on stuff all the time and insist on broadcasting it to the world constantly

... you have a booger in your nose.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a932c14-7196-4250-bd1c-f03e010ff8d7Post:78982ecd-db86-4cd7-9064-2a12199cab79">Re: I can't take you seriously if...</a>:
    [QUOTE]you double post?  :)  Sorry, couldn't help myself!
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    squirrly, get out of my head!

...you get pregnant for the 4th time, then constantly whine on FB about how tired you are and how busy you are. Honey, didja think that #4 is going to make you even busier?
  • Options
    Your thong is sticking out the back of your jeans.

You go to class, or anywhere else for that matter, after a night of partying with either the big black you can't have a drink x's or a you can have a drink paper wristband. You go to bars. Lots of people do. It doesn't make you any cooler than anyone else.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • Options
    I can't take you seriously if you don't write or speak in a grammatically correct fashion.

I can't take you seriously when you complain that you have OH SO MUCH work to do, and I walk in and you're playing on Facebook.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Options
    .. you use 'internet abbreviations' in real life. Eg. saying "Oh Em Gee" when you could have easily said 'oh my god'/'oh my gosh' just as easily. Oh, and bonus points if you are over the age of 18.
    image Married and Junk.
  • Options
    If you complain about wanting a higher-paying job, yet your mom still drives you the 1/4 mile to work when it's a little snowy outside.  And you're 28.  Yup, this is a real person I know.
  • Options
    I can't take you seriously when you wear leggings like they're pants. Complete strangers do not need to know your ass that intimately.
  • Options
     - you send back the double vodka with lemon you ordered because it's too strong

- you say you hate pineapple juice.  Then say your favorite island drink is Pina Colda

- you live in public housing, yet you drive a Escalade.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a932c14-7196-4250-bd1c-f03e010ff8d7Post:4b0b8528-ab25-425d-9a32-5363c83eaecd">Re: I can't take you seriously if...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Damn you squirrly!! I'll get you for this! [/QUOTE]

Sounds like a long distance G2G.  C'mon.  Mint julep?  :)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    ... you are 25 and won't ask a guy out, he *has* to ask you

... you combine you wedding shower and baby shower and have about 4 baby gifts on the registry and the rest are hideous china

... you never ever wear a coat, but complain about how cold new england is (yes Mike and I am looking at you and how you were suprised this morning when I bitched at you for this exact thing)
  • Options
    Oh I agree with the talking in internet lingo in real life.  My MIL does this and it drives me up a wall. 
  • Options
    You biitch about how you're sick or your hands hurt etc, but will not go to the Dr (it's free).

You bitch about how cold it is, but refuse to wear more then one layer.  

You take my keys.  
  • Options
    ....you think black guys' "happy juice" is a different color than white guys' "happy juice".  Yeah, that happened.

....you think Jersey Shore is "great TV."

....you refer to yourself in the third person, or by a nickname that nobody calls you but you keep thinking if you introduce yourself as it enough, people will.  I'm not calling you "Hollywood", your name is Chris.

....you sound like you're passing the world's largest kidney stone while constipated in the freeweights section of the gym. 

If I wanted to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on the cat. image

• Options
    *checks orbitz rates to squirrly*

... when you talk to me about your wedding you feel the need to explain why you did things different then me. i don't care!

... you think it is cute when your child is filthy and still bring him out where ever without changing him
  • Options
    ... you wear Uggs in Texas. period.
    ... you wear pajamas or sweatpants to class. it takes 60 seconds to put on a pair of jeans at least.
    ... you have a full face of makeup on and perfectly straightened hair with aforementioned pajamas or sweatpants.
    ... you wear denim when the dress code is "business casual/attire/professional"
    ... you wear denim to a NICE restaurant. or a velour tracksuit--my FMIL wanted to wear this to a VERY NICE steakhouse in Houston for FI's birthday (dress code was slacks and collared shirt for men, dressy casual, no denim, for women). I redirected to another restaurant that was more casual.
    ... you complain about not having any money, yet you have a new iPhone and get a new Vera Bradley or Dooney bag every month. and all of your lotions are Bath and Body Works, you have a new one every month as well. a former coworker of mine.
    ... ditto popping collars, leggings, thongs sticking out of jeans, Escalades and project housing, GRAMMAR

I can easily think of more.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    Nugguet - I bust out laughing at the happy juice comment.  People are so dumb.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you update your facebook status every 2 seconds...especially if you do it with your iphone
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ... if the aforementioned velour track suit has any the following written across the ass:  juicy, sweet, bling bling or the a picture of a cherry.
  • Options
    I can't take your "problems" seriously if you ask ME what's wrong, and as I'm telling you about my issues, you interrupt to tell me all about yours.  Frankly, at this point in time, I don't really care about your problems.  And I'm not sorry.  I JUST WANT TO CARE ABOUT ONLY MYSELF FOR 5 MINUTES.  Jerk.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_cant-seriously?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3a932c14-7196-4250-bd1c-f03e010ff8d7Post:5deace4c-4882-4019-b604-d80198f23cef">Re: I can't take you seriously if...</a>:
    [QUOTE]... if the aforementioned velour track suit has any the following written across the ass:  juicy, sweet, bling bling or the a picture of a cherry.
    Posted by TheSaltyPeanut[/QUOTE]
    thank the Lord, that is NOT my FMIL. she doesn't have anything written on her velour track suit. she does wear them with Keds and cotton turtlenecks with stuff printed all over them.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • Options
    I also can't take you seriously if your pants have something written across the ass and you complain about people staring at your ass.  Maybe they're just trying to read it.  It's hard to read with the letters all jiggling around, you know.
  • Options
    ...you have a new illness/ailment every damn day.  I get it, you overreact and think you feel worse than everyone else.  "my stomach hurts...i have a headache...my wrist hurts today..." Everyone feels some sort of discomfort on a daily basis, do we all whine about it? No!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards