Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning people!

We made it to the end of another week!  Any weekend plans?

I have to weed my frontyard.  The crazy rain turned it into an almost-lawn (even though it's mulched) of weeds and stray grass.  Blah.

Re: Good morning people!

• Options

morning Mica, I hate weeding.  Totally hate it.  But I totally love the way my yard/garden looks when I am done weeding.  Love/Hate I tell you.

• Options
    I'm thinking about removing the mulch, laying down that weed fabric, then remulching.  But that might be too big a project.  Also, some of the weeds are growing in the mulch, not the soil, so that wouldn't help things.  Sigh.  Florida is too wildlife friendly.  My mom doesn't deal with this stuff in california.
  • Options
    I was wondering where the good morning thread was! This week has taken forever. I am excited for the weekend, though I have no big plans.
  • Options
    Maybe everyone's on summer break or taking a long holiday because of the 4th.  I waited nearly an hour before giving up and starting it myself.

Morning, Abbs!
  • Options
    Heya.  I'm just finishing up my lunch-- sliced tomatoes, turkey and parmesan (really delicious, aged, parmesan).

Guess what?? IT'S RAINING AGAIN. WTF. I nearly died this morning when the news showed a front coming through here for the rest of the weekend. A front that has caused major flooding in parts of the UK due to all the rain. Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. I just can't win.'

Mica, I love your sig. :)
  • Options
    Oh, and weeding I used to hate. But then I got to a point where it felt really satisfying. I loved the feeling of destroying then putting back together. I will admit that I did very little weeding when we lived in our house. But when we would go back, I'd go crazy on the yard. It just felt so nice. maybe that's what you need. :)
  • Options
    Morning!  So glad it's Friday!  I went to bed with a crippling migraine, woke up at 6 AM and it was still there, and went back to sleep in the hopes that it would be gone when I woke up the second time.  It's still there, but just barely, so hopefully it'll be gone by mid-morning.

Today I'm working, then going over to the new place to help my mom box up and remove the remaining things that are going and putting in some of my (smaller) stuff.  Then I'm going to babysit my BFF's three little girls while she and her H go to her brother's wedding.  The girls are 4, 3, and not quite one.  Pray for me?

Oh, and see Brave, it's so good!

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Thanks, Snippy!
  • Options
    Winnertag1Winnertag1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    Morning! Today is FI's birthday and he has a really long day at worked which sucks. I'm taking the day off today to clean & possibly go into the school but I think I made leeway yesterday with someone who was very helpful. Then tonight we head to my parents house which I'm not really all that excited about, atleast its the long weekend. 

Snips - I love your sig! haha

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning!

H and I are seeing Ted tonight with a few friends and my brother. I'm really excited because it looks absolutely hilarious.

Then tomorrow is our niece's first birthday party (actual birthday today). We went Disney crazy on her gift.
  • Options
    Bay, how are things now that you know for sure you are separating and moving out? Is your DH (douchecanoe husband, btw) realizing stuff is serious?
  • Options
    Good Morning!  Abs, can I invite myself to your pool?  I'm on vacation for the next 2 weeks, so if you're bored and working at home one day, you can have a guest if you really want one.  Just sayin.  :) 

I'm off at 11:15 today.  Hurry the eff up.  I've already checked out of this place and I hate that I have tasks I need to get done before I leave.  Blah. 
  • Options
    Bay, you are a good, no a great BFF.  

Today in about 6 hours starts my time off from work for 16 days.  I have to drive to the 1000 islands with my son this afternoon, and then hang.  My sisters start arriving tonight, tomorrow, and Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Thanks D! Lucy was tired and very annoyed at having been woken up.

Happy birthday Midge!
  • Options
    Snippy I love that it says "I'm on old hag" right below Lucy giving that "yea, what, I'll punk you" look. 
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Midge.  Hope it is a good one.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-people-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ecbf8a8-a8f2-412c-9d41-f983114c83ffPost:ab719e13-5270-4f83-a199-4e3ca43273a2">Re: Good morning people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snippy I love that it says "I'm on old hag" right below Lucy giving that "yea, what, I'll punk you" look. 
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    ha! That's hilarious now that you point it out. I'm so used to seeing that there that I didn't really notice anymore.<div>
    </div><div>Hm. It's actually thundering outside. It rarely does that.</div>
  • Options
    Happy birthday to D's FI! Long work days on your birthday are no fun but I'm sure you'll make the rest of the day great for him!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-people-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ecbf8a8-a8f2-412c-9d41-f983114c83ffPost:cd8ea808-cb42-4391-a22c-89e983d2b725">Re: Good morning people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Happy Birthday Midge.  Hope it is a good one.
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

It's our niece's birthday Ski. ;) Think you need some coffee. :) But thank you, a few months in advance
  • Options
    I could have sworn you said it was your birthday too, Midge!
  • Options
    Snips, I can see how it could be taken like that the way I wrote it. Niece's actual birthday is today but her party is tomorrow. :)
  • Options
    Good morning. I am getting ready to go to the gym. I am going to get a pedicure and my hair done after that. We are leaving this afternoon to go to Michigan for FIs cousin's wedding.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What part of Michigan, Petal?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-people-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:3ecbf8a8-a8f2-412c-9d41-f983114c83ffPost:32c12093-93f3-4a98-b4c2-eb305a1f5f97">Re: Good morning people!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Snips, I can see how it could be taken like that the way I wrote it. Niece's actual birthday is today but her party is tomorrow. :)
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I do.  I am working my way through my morning Pepsi but it does not seem to be working.  A nap would be delightful!
  • Options
    Snippy -- I think so.  I mean, he's helping me move some of my stuff on his day off tomorrow, so I guess he realizes that it's serious?  We haven't been arguing at all, but we've both been pretty sad that it's come to this so...we'll see how things go when I actually am no longer living here, I guess?

His BFF is coming down to visit in mid-July.  I asked him if he was going to tell him we were separated.  He said "maybe."  I'm really curious as to how he's going to skate around the issue when I'm, I dunno, not living in the same house with him?

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Ski, it's no big deal. I re-read it and it was kind of confusing the way I worded it anyway.

YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED IN 5 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Thanks Midge! 

i feel bad calling in sick today - but I have so much to do & I want to use up the days before I quit. Oh well. lol

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know Midge.  It will feel good to walk out of work today at 1 pm, and start to take it all in for the next 5 days.  At this point, I must I am looking so forward to seeing everyone in the same place at the same time.  Oh yeah, and watching the fireworks with 100 of my favorite peeps.

• Options
    Snippy - His family lives in Royal Oak and the wedding is an hour away. I cant remember where but I think it is in some place that looks like a village. I don't know if I make sense.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning.
    It is going to be a sucky Friday.  I came into work with an email in my inbox from one of my bosses basically blaming me for an issue we had with the client yesterday.  In actuality, I had nothing to do with the issue.  I could just cry right now because things at work are so stressful.

Sorry to be a debbie downer this Friday. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards