Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Random quirks/habits

2»

Re: Random quirks/habits

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:c8468910-4a48-4bcd-ae0d-e09665fae89b">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would rather drive 20 minutes out of the way than be stuck in 10 minutes of traffic.  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't do it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I am the exact same way. There's this one left turn leaving campus that I always avoid at all costs. It adds an extra 20 minutes onto my maybe 7 minute drive home, but it's where a bicyclist hit me and I can't do it anymore. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    Pj's go on as soon as I get home.

I also have to have the toilet paper roll coming from the top and will change it if someone puts it on another way at home.

I eat my food essentially in circles, I can't eat just one thing and have to have a variety to pick from but I do save my favorite thing to have for the last bite.

I can't get into bed if there's wrinkles in the sheets, I can't fall asleep feeling the wrinkles.

My clothes are organized by type and then color.

Apparently I have lots of quirks since I thought of those off the top of my head. :)
  • Options
    I have a weird thing where I kind of subconsciously try to sleep on my right side as much as I can. I credit it to a time when a family friend told me as a small child that I would live longer that way, because I wouldn't be 'squishing my heart' on my left side. That thought terrified me at the time. I know now that it is not true but I still don't sleep on my left side that much.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:c8468910-4a48-4bcd-ae0d-e09665fae89b">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would rather drive 20 minutes out of the way than be stuck in 10 minutes of traffic.  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I just can't do it.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]
    Fi is like this and he's turning me into a person who would rather drive out of their way then sit in traffic.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:5134b265-4cc8-4427-b0ea-3c2ec03e7d5e">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random quirks/habits : OMG I heard that too.  I was traumatized.  Now I have to sleep on my left because of the nerve damage in my right leg, but that took a LONG time to get used to.
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]

The nerve damage wasn't due to sleeping on the right side, was it? Either way, how weird that we both heard the same thing. I never told my parents about it until way later in my life and they were like "WTF why would you listen to her? She's crazy." haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:495d40ee-ca24-42c7-8fba-a6e2fbe2bde8">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I eat french fries in pairs, but they have to be the same length. Best for dipping</strong>. I make weird noises. A lot. I've tried to spell them out before but it never works. ETA: I never heard that about laying on your left side! Crazy. I can face either way but I always have an arm covering my face.
    Posted by rachers1017[/QUOTE]

<div>I do this too! </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I figured I should eat before I head to the grocery store, so I just made a delicious lunch. Now I don't want to eat it.

I do this a lot.
  • Options
    Every time I take a glass out of a cubbard to get a drink, I have to rinse the glass first before I fill it with my drink even though it's clean. I also can't stand it when FI doesn't rinse dishes before he loads them into the dishwasher.

I also basically get into pajamas as soon as I get home from work.
  • Options
    I never finish the last bit of my drinks, ever. After a cookout we always know which beers were mine because there's about a half inch of beer left in the bottle. 

If there is more than one type of food on my plate it cannot touch. Thanksgiving is a virtual nightmare. I usually end up with 2-3 plates so none of my food touches. 
  • Options
    Sorry for the repost, the first one isn't showing up. 

I never finsh the last bit of my drink, ever. There's always about a half inch left at the bottom.

If there is more than one type of food on my plate in cannot touch. Thanksgiving is a virtual nightmare. I usually end up with 2-3 plates just so nothing will touch. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:f6e8a575-1882-4be2-93e1-8eea579d8c8d">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I also keep all of my DVDs (and used to when I had CDs) in alphabetical order.  If they are series or sequels, then they are in chronological order within their alphabetical position.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

I do this too. FI never puts my CDs back where they belong and it drives me insane.

I also sit indian style almost everywhere.

I twirl a certain section of my bangs a lot.
  • Options
    LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2012
    No matter how cold it is, or how tired I am, I absolutely can not sleep with socks on.  On the flip side, not matter how hot it is, I can not sleep without both a top sheet and a comforter of blanket of some sort. 

I hate grapes. HATE. The mere sight of them makes me gag.  But somehow I'm ok with grape jelly.  

I don't save things to my favorites.  I just google or type in the url every time.  I have no idea why. 

I can not leave things marked unread in my inbox.  I have to mark it as read and archive it immediately. Same with facebook notifications - I have to make the little numbers go away immediately. 

• Options
    Nikki - I eat Skittles like that too! Green - Yellow - Orange - Purple - Red
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:63a18846-b4e2-496f-9558-3b3150cfcf74">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I eat candy/nuts/raisins and such in pairs. Driving from NM to Ohio with my H and brother, they both made fun of me constantly. We had trail mix, and I needed two M&Ms (of the same color) at a time, two peanuts at a time, two raisins at a time, two pretzels at a time, etc. We turned our spare room into a library. The nonfiction section is organized by the Dewey Decimal System.
    Posted by specialk84[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing with M&Ms. I must eat two at a time and they must be the same color, it makes no sense.

My car stereo volume level (numbers) must be divisible by 2 or 5. I don't change anyone else's car stereo volumes but I definitely always notice. That is an insane quirk and I have no idea why I do it.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:caaaa2c6-8e89-4c8e-93ab-d0e7ddc698ce">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random quirks/habits : I do the same thing with M&Ms. I must eat two at a time and they must be the same color, it makes no sense. <strong>My car stereo volume level (numbers) must be divisible by 2 or 5. I don't change anyone else's car stereo volumes but I definitely always notice. That is an insane quirk and I have no idea why I do it.</strong>
    Posted by BrooklynBride20[/QUOTE]

<div>I do this with the TV volume, but it must be in increments of 5.  </div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    When I put any spread on bread/pita/wraps I have to put it on completely even. And no spot can be bare. My dad thinks it's weird how long it takes for me to put cream cheese on a bagel. 
  • Options
    LP, I'm right there with you on e-mail and FB notifications.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:c9093303-9f4b-430b-addf-8921f5fd667f">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]I never finish the last bit of my drinks, ever. After a cookout we always know which beers were mine because there's about a half inch of beer left in the bottle.  If there is more than one type of food on my plate it cannot touch. Thanksgiving is a virtual nightmare. I usually end up with 2-3 plates so none of my food touches. 
    Posted by ArynBaker[/QUOTE]
    Aryn I can totally commiserate on that fact!  If my food touches I won't eat it, it's horrible and I've been trying to break that habit.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:d937d7f8-2c94-4c2d-bb77-4229262e54a3">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]LP, I'm right there with you on e-mail and FB notifications.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

<div>Same here.  We have our emails and IMs pop up little notifications at work.  When we are taking a phone call, we are not allowed to click on those.  So, in case the call I'm on gets reviewed, I have to leave the annoying little flasher there.  It drives me absolutely crazy.</div>
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    eoreaeorea member
    First Comment
    When the time changes, I change all the clocks in the house except one. I leave it a hour behind/ahead for a few days. I just like seeing what time it is suppose to be without the time change. It's something stupid I have done since I was a kid. I actually just changed the clock in the kitchen this morning. 

I never finish any soda. I hate drinking it when it's almost empty. The only time I'll finish it is if it's a fountain drink.

My Pj''s stay on all the time unless I leave the house. I put them on right when I get home too.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:f6c2bb7d-8c9c-4b51-ba01-9f49dc975fef">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Random quirks/habits : Same here.  We have our emails and IMs pop up little notifications at work.  When we are taking a phone call, we are not allowed to click on those.  So, in case the call I'm on gets reviewed, I have to leave the annoying little flasher there.  It drives me absolutely crazy.
    Posted by dumdumfroggie[/QUOTE]

That's weird. I'm super awesome at mulit-tasking so if I was told not to do that, I may start twitching.
  • Options
    i love the way my cats smell when they've been sitting in the window on a warm day.  their fur gets this fresh scent that i think reminds me of laundry that has dried outside.

i dont like my food touching and i tend to eat in segments- like, if i had potatoes, green beans and chicken i would eat all the potatoes, then all the chicken, then all the green beans.

being tickled makes me EXTREMELY uncomfortable. 

i cant sleep without a sleep mask on.  even if the room is completely pitch dark, i still need the mask.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I love this thread, and apparently do many of the same things as you ladies, like the TP thing and alphabetizing DVDs and eating M&Ms in colored pairs.  I also kick off my shoes under my desk all the time.

My closet is in sleeve length order; H's is in rainbow order b/c he basically only has polos or dress shirts so they're already grouped that way - I ordered them that way once when we were first dating and he's kept it up since then.

I always set my alarm on a 3 or 7; like 6:27am instead of 6:30 or 6:43 instead of 6:45
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_random-quirkshabits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:69114a5e-2020-4559-8e10-3605d8ed40fdPost:3ba9f98d-cc41-449a-b5c1-5394614a458d">Re: Random quirks/habits</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I have to sleep with my hair over my ears. I feel exposed without some protection over my ears.</strong> I like to arrange my clothes by sleeve length and type of material, so all my shirts are hung tank top to sweater, lightest material to heaviest material. I eat hamburgers in a circular fashion. The edges first, then the middle. This tends to get messy, but it saves the best part of the burger for last.
    Posted by ErinG93[/QUOTE]

I do this too! 

I have a weird quirk about buttering or spreading jam/cream cheese on my bread/bagel/english muffin/whatever.  I have to completely cover said bread item entirely with whatever I am spreading on top of it.  I can't stop until it is completely spread to my satisfaction.  I just can't stand taking a bite and having no taste of butter or cream cheese or whatever to go along with the bread.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards