Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Need Help: how to politely tell someone no children allowed.

2»

Re: Need Help: how to politely tell someone no children allowed.

• Options
    yeah its not fun but you just need to call them and explain. and dont delay- with your wedding being in 2 weeks it may be difficult for some to arrange for babysitters.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Ladies ladies ladies. This has turned into a cat match which is absolutely ridiculous. Isnt the object of the knot to help eachother. Not cuss at one another and drop the "F" bomb which was totally unappropriate.
    By me stating I overinvited is kind of an understatement. I did not have a strict budget for people and I love my family and friends and did not want to leave anyone out. I am at 250 people but I wanted to be at 200. Not a big deal. I have the funds to cover it. Thank you I am NOT a moron and I know math. Very good at it actually. My hall can hold around 300, I am not ignorant enough to over invite by 60 and not have room capacity for them. My hall can hold all that I invited. Its just the kids go over my planned budget.... Cant do it.
    Yes I have children in my wedding party. They are my nieces and nephew and younger sister whom mean the world to me. Why wouldnt I include them in my big day. Hello! ... Is it adult only reception, NO, because my nieces and sister are around and maybe a few 17 or 18 year olds that are closer to the family. Not a big deal. However I do not want kids there that I do not know. This is what I was asking for advice of how to nicely tell someone this. BUT then I get this catty warface which was ridiculous. Thanks for the output by the nice  people that were truly trying to give advice, everyone else needs to take an "etiquette" class since this is the "etiquette board" ...

Happy Wedding Planning
  • Options
    Look at it this way- when you call people, plenty of them will be *so* offended that you don’t want their children there they won’t come. Maybe that will help with the over invite problem. Ideal? No, but you have a tight time line right now. Personally, I see no issue with some children and not others, but I would refrain from telling them ‘no children allowed’ since once they see those ‘some’ they will feel all sorts of entitled to bitch about you at the event (which people will do anyway; shocking, really).  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    the people on here sure can be rude but anyways..i have the same problem too..i don't want kids over the age of like 6-8 months at my ceremony or reception just bc like for instance my niece and nephew won't even be invited bc they are soo badly behaved i'm terrified my day will be ruined. just explain tht only wedding party children are allowed for space purposes. it's an easy way out to just blame it on that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards