Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Post your vents here!

I am not in a good mood today. My last couple of conversations with my mom have been very frustrating. Our apartment is hot and I'm cranky. I'm emotional as all hell and sick of it.

Anyone?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Infertile, living childfree, advocating like a BOSS

Re: Post your vents here!

• Options
    Its day 2 (of almost 3 weeks) without FI and I'm missing him lots and lots.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are moving in 20 days, and haven't packed a thing. And this is a big move. I've been working every.single.day. to save up as much money as possible before the move, and Rich doesn't work over the summer. I wish he'd take the initiative to pack. Ugh.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    One of my coworkers passes her work on to me and another coworker, then goes to our supervisor and tells her that she can't get her work done because we ask her for so much help with OUR work all the time.  Yeah...that makes sense.  Then she cries when anyone questions her on the reality of the situation. All kinds of fun stuff.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:649ee92e-83dd-4b05-80ab-a479e387e44b">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are moving in 20 days, and haven't packed a thing. And this is a big move. I've been working every.single.day. to save up as much money as possible before the move, and Rich doesn't work over the summer. I wish he'd take the initiative to pack. Ugh.
    Posted by RachNRich[/QUOTE]

Which part of NC are you moving to Rach? Ohio will miss you!
  • Options
    Well, I've had a headache for days now. It's getting freaking old.

And? I wish I had an external hard drive. I have almost 3000 wedding pictures that I want to store but instead, I'm having to pick and choose which ones I want on my computer to put here and on FB and Photobucket.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    My foot is cramping
    T is whining about pizza

Brooke- my co workers air hasnt been working since yesterday evening! She slept there last night with no air and now the guy was supposed to have come at 5 to fix it and he still hasn't shown. Its 101 in her house!
  • Options
    My tailbone and back hurts. Bigtime.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    My mom is beginning to drive me nuts. The wedding is this Saturday and she is so on edge. She takes everything the wrong way, and has already tried to start two fights with me in the past 2 hours.
  • Options
    I'm so incredibly pissed at my grandmother for making my mom feel guilty about not staying at the hospital with my dad last night-hello, she's three weeks out from having BRAIN SURGERY, you twit. It's a good thing I'm 4 hours away.
  • Options
    I have a cough and it's annoying.  And my neck/back hurts from being crammed on a plane on Sunday next to some giant teenage boy who kept trying to put his head on my shoulder in his sleep.

Still annoyed about DH's car situation, too.  Oh, and our power was out for an hour tonight, so that was fun.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:5d4bd622-bfda-477b-b5a8-4c0283498b81">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Post your vents here! : Which part of NC are you moving to Rach? Ohio will miss you!
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>We'll be near the Chapel Hill area!! I'm excited to BE moved...I'm just not excited TO move.</div><div>
    </div><div>And, oddly enough, I'm going to miss Ohio. A lot.</div>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I totally shouldn't be, but I'm SO not wanting to work my job anymore. I'm completely burnt out and frustrated and yet it pays decently and I only have to work 3 days a week and I have good health insurance so I shouldn't complain at all, esp. in this economy. It's terribly frustrating because I know I should be grateful, but all I keep thinking is how nice it would be to just not go ever again. I've tried looking for other jobs, but nothing out there is anything I want to be doing and I'm kinda late in my career to be trying something completely different. ugh.

I know it's irrational, but I sometimes wonder if I should just have a kid and be a SAHM, but I know that would drive me crazy too. I just hate feeling stuck.
  • Options
    I have another one.

My husband has had my brother and their other friend over for the last THREE nights in a row to play some stupid hockey game on xbox. I like hanging out with them, but I cannot sit there and watch them play video games.  So for the THIRD night in a row I am holed up in our bedroom with the dog and my laptop. Lame.

(And no, I didn't marry one of my brother's good friends. They became best friends after we started dating. I guess I should be happy that our families get along so well...but come on!)
  • Options
    FI's grandmother is a BSC, mean, spiteful bitch. I hate her. On Sunday, she called me FI's girlfriend, told me to "stop using FI, get a job, and get rid of all your boyfriends." Then she said I was going to make him lose his house. Unfuckingbelievable.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Rach-- that's such a beautiful place! And yeah, your DH should get moving-- otherwise I fear what you might do to him-- because that's what I would do to my FI if he pulled that with me!
    Sarah Kropf Wedding Countdown Ticker 98image 12image 4image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:5bc3e274-ce09-432b-b5df-2cc5caf1bc58">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My foot is cramping T is whining about pizza Brooke- my co workers air hasnt been working since yesterday evening! She slept there last night with no air and now the guy was supposed to have come at 5 to fix it and he still hasn't shown. Its 101 in her house!
    Posted by nda_roxybabe[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. That happened to us last year. It turned into a fight between me and the complex. Our air sucked (when it worked) and our bill got up to $360. The compromise was to move into the apartment we're in now, 2 buildings over. If anything happens this summer, I'm out. I'm not dealing with them again.
  • Options
    I am completely stressed about life right now. Mainly wedding and money stress.

We need a new mattress badly but cannot afford it. My mom is fighting me on every little detail. Our wedding planner is making me feel like a cheap a$$hole. His family could at least chip in for the amount of guests that they are inviting. 

UGH isn't this supposed to be a happy time?
    "does this sweater make me look fat?" "no, the fact that your fat makes you look fat. That sweater just makes you look purple".
  • Options
    Brooke- thats awful! Our old apartment in Tempe would leave us without water for days. Several times a week. That place was the worst.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:1d75d81c-0968-4e03-b6ff-ffe087fb1842">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am completely stressed about life right now. Mainly wedding and money stress. We need a new mattress badly but cannot afford it. My mom is fighting me on every little detail. Our wedding planner is making me feel like a cheap a$$hole. His family could at least chip in for the amount of guests that they are inviting.  UGH isn't this supposed to be a happy time?
    Posted by LnDUBS[/QUOTE]

I'd be eloping. I don't put up with that kind of crap. It should be fun, and if it can't be, walk away and go have a happy day with your new husband.
  • Options
    My vent: I'm SO busy at work, and I'm going to continue to be this stretched if I want to have my PhD done by the end of the year... Meanwhile, today I'm stuck at home with a UTI. Highly frustrating given I've got so very much to do. 
  • Options
    I can't find a teaching job for the fall. I apply to all of these jobs online, and then just sit and wait. I hate feeling helpless, like there's nothing more I can do.

7/10/10 imageDandy
  • Options
    UTIs suck worse than anything in the world has ever sucked. I'm sorry :(
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:f05617b5-bdfa-42bb-9dab-a12f95a33197">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]UTIs suck worse than anything in the world has ever sucked. I'm sorry :(
    Posted by berryholly[/QUOTE]
    Agreed times a million. Second worst pain I've ever, ever felt.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:f05617b5-bdfa-42bb-9dab-a12f95a33197">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]UTIs suck worse than anything in the world has ever sucked. I'm sorry :(
    <p>Posted by berryholly[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Thanks for your sympathy! </p><p>They are highly frustrating. I had a mild one on Monday which I thought I'd got past... evidently not. </p><p> </p><p>Annoyingly, I'm out of the office for the rest of the week so today is my last day to get some work done. Doing what I can from home but still frustrated!</p>
  • Options
    We are mid-move.  H is already gone, so everything that's left is for me.  I'm supposed to leave on Friday.  The movers come on Monday, and there's no way I'll have things sorted out enough before I leave.  Then our stuff will be in storage until after July 4th.  It's going to be the most f'ed up unpacking EVER. 

I think I might have to leave on Saturday now.  And drive 1000 miles solo, straight through.  Anybody want to have a knottie phone-a-thon to keep me awake?
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    I was under the impression you couldn't get rid of them without getting antibiotics? I got some as a precaution for the honeymoon and didn't need to use it. Pumped I have some on hand for the next one.
  • Options
    I'm trying to find a teaching job at a time when teachers have been cut and laid off due to budget cuts.  So glad I paid so much money for an education I can't even use.  GRRRR!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_post-vents-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:ee4fc278-8749-442e-9323-554bdc742a08Post:509e19a7-4207-4e1b-967d-f391dfc7af60">Re: Post your vents here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are mid-move.  H is already gone, so everything that's left is for me.  I'm supposed to leave on Friday.  The movers come on Monday, and there's no way I'll have things sorted out enough before I leave.  Then our stuff will be in storage until after July 4th.  It's going to be the most f'ed up unpacking EVER.  I think I might have to leave on Saturday now.  And drive 1000 miles solo, straight through.  Anybody want to have a knottie phone-a-thon to keep me awake?
    Posted by squirrly[/QUOTE]
    Do you have to leave now because of work? And do you need to cancel Thursday? It will super suck, but I'll totally understand.
  • Options
    The weather people just cannot get it right. FI and I were going to go to Cincinnati this week while I had a few days off to visit friends and do some fun stuff, but the weather channel said it was supposed to storm helaciously every day but Monday. We stayed in town. Because we stayed in town I was going to be able to drive out and see my sister play softball tonight (an hour away) and while I was there I could work in the concession stand and make an easy $20. Lo and behold the weather channel predicts terrible storms for today so I stayed here in town. Didn't even start really raining until about half an hour, 45 minutes ago. :(
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards