Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hello?

Re: Hello?

• Options
    Oh, Angel, that's exciting!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies, I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to be able to buy things again.

Adamar, that's so funny that he just got his first cell! Was there a reason he got it, or did he just finally want one? Also, I read about his girlfriend, I'm so sorry for your loss.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    YAY Angel - that's great news.  Glad to hear it.
  • Options
    My dad got a smartphone last week.  He has no idea what to do with it.  It's kind of funny, actually.
  • Options
    I offered my dad my old droid to see if he could load minutes on it. It's probably a good thing he just good a basic phone.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    If my mom got a smart phone I'd probably die because she'd never stop asking me questions.

In other news, they're interviewing one of the US Gymnast girls and her voice is OBNOXIOUS.
  • Options
    Oh, and now they're showing her when she recieved her gold medal, and she's mouthing the words to the national anthem INCORRECTLY. She doesn't know all of the words.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Hello?:[QUOTE]Where has LC been I haven't seen her in ages. Posted by crfb87[/QUOTE]

Too busy going for the gold in housewifery. I envy her.

• Options
    LeiselEBLeiselEB member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Angel, that's awesome about work! 

Wally, that's so horrible. Things like that make me so sad - just pointless violence. 

I love when adults get cell phones for the first time. We got my grandpa one because he's older and lives about an hour away and isn't ready to give up driving yet, so it made everyone more comfortable if he had a phone for driving. But he has no idea how to turn it on. And then he gets tripped up because from landlines you press the "talk" button and then dial and it's opposite for cell phones, ya know? It's just a mess. But so funny :)
  • Options
    My wine is gone. Time for bed.

• Options
    Haha grandparents with cell phones are hilarious. My grandparents got one years ago but almost never used it because they didn't really understand it.
  • Options
    JessAndTravJessAndTrav member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2012
    Sometimes I like to think that I'd be an awesome housewife, and in terms of food and cleaning I would be, but doing other creative things? I don't have the patience.
  • Options
    Jess, I've noticed a lot of people mouthing the words wrong! But I like to chalk it up to them being overwhelmed. I'm so happy for Aly Raisman, though. 
  • Options
    Despite taking a nap today, I'm considering going to bed too. I'm really sleepy.
  • Options
    I took a nap today too, but I'm still exhausted. Only I don't have hormones and a baby to blame it on... I'm just clearly lazy :)

I don't know that I'd make a good housewife. I don't cook, I hate to clean... laundry is my only domestic skill. Except I suck at the folding part, so I can't even do that right, haha.
  • Options
    My grandmother always kept the cordless phone on the base. Why? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the cordless phone?

My mom is annoying with her texting sometimes. She'll text me a long text, so I'll respond, and then after a few exchanges, she's like, "Why can't you just call me?"

Drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Chrissy, when my grandpa is at home he keeps his phone turned off and plugged in. I think the most minutes he's ever used in a month was 7. 

I would be a good housewife. I like cleaning and organizing when that's all I have to do. When I'm busy with other stuff, I hate doing the cleaning things. And I like cooking when I have time. 

I used to suck at doing laundry because my parents have had a housekeeper since I was little and she did all my laundry. I felt like an idiot when I had to start doing it myself and didn't know how to put detergent in and all that. But I'm an old pro now :)
  • Options
    I'm off to bed too. 

G'night all!
  • Options
    I'm eating a TastyKake. Never have we been able to get them here, and my mom found some at WalMart of all places. SO DELICIOUS. 
  • Options
    Sara, what's a TastyKake? I've never heard of that.
  • Options
    Haha, I love TastyKakes. They're everywhere here, obviously.
  • Options
    Leisel:  http://www.tastykake.com/

they're amazing. I love the krimpets.
  • Options
    Ooh, those are like Hostess things. Yeah, I've never seen a TastyKake here in IL haha.
  • Options
    I hope I ordered extra Save the Dates... I've messed up lke, 5. Actually, some of them were my mom's fault for copying the addresses wrong for me, but still... I hope I have 5 extra. I think I did order 10 extra... plus, I only ever got 2 addresses from FI, bringing the grand total up to 8 out of his 21 allotted guests. (Friends, that is... his family went on his mom's list.)
  • Options
    Yeah, they're sold on the east coast primarily. I never saw them out here until my mom brought them home. We only used to get them when she'd go back east to visit her famiy, or if they'd mail us some. 

My brother and I are going in together to get my mom the tastykake of the month club, she's going to love it.
  • Options
    I hope you have enough Angel!

I made my own save the dates, and invites. Clearly, I'm a crazy person.
  • Options
    Angel, H ended up not getting any of his friends addresses in time for STDs. He just texted them the date and then we got the addresses for the invites of course. I wouldn't worry too much about STDs, as long as the important people get them.
  • Options
    Leisel, I'm definitely not that worried about it... if he does end up getting more "no" RSVPs than me, it'll be his own fault. At least I have all the groomsmen's addresses now. That's what I was really concerned about.

Sara, I had no idea there was a TastyKake of the month club, sounds pretty cool. Our freezer down the shore is stocked full of TastyKakes... my dad likes to eat them for breakfast.
  • Options
    I should have said this in the judging thread on SB earlier....but I was so tempted to just not send one of H's friends an invitation. I just hate this guy, haha. Obviously I'd never really do that, but I did push pretty hard for him not to be in the wedding party. The guy is a jerk to me, and is so stupid. I feel mean for saying that, but he is. Ugh. 

So, I get what you're saying about not worrying about some STD's getting out :) haha
  • Options
    Haha, I have to say, I liked that thread. I'm sure most people probably do/think extremely judgeworthy things that they wouldn't post about though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards