Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Hello?

18910111214»

Re: Hello?

• Options
    I'm KUI.  MOH/BFF, my brother, FI, and I are relieving some wedding-related stress.  I'm so ready to be done with this crap.  It's gotten to the point where every time I hear my text tone, I automatically think "what do you want now?"

FMIL is driving me crazy.  She texted FI about some rando lady that she knows (FI couldn't give me a straight answer as to how he knew her) and asked him if she got invited.  When she gave us the list, if this lady was on there, we sure as hell didn't see it.  I know it's not proper etiquette, but we ordered like 10 extra plates for the reception, so I told FI just to go ahead and tell his mom to pass on the information to this lady.  At this point, it's whatever.  It was easier to do that than to start a fight with FMIL.

I'm the complete opposite of a bridezilla, and I don't really care how the BMs do their hair/makeup.  FSIL kept texting me about the makeup.  I finally just told her that how she does her make up every day is fine.  I really am not picky.  I guess everyone expects me to tell them how I want everything.  

/end rant
    knotsigpicture Anniversary
  • Options
    Yeah, I guess they send a 'collection' each month for either 6 months or a year. The 6 month one is $165, and the year is $395. We're gonna do the 6 month one for Christmas.
  • Options
    Texas, that's annoying about your FMIL adding a guest at the last minute. It's great that you're so chill about it.

My inner bridezilla was kind of showing today. My mom mentioned that the shower is probably going to be at the end of October and I was kind of like, "Um, why? The wedding isn't until January, that seems too early." I know, I know... I have no say in anything shower related, but I wish it were at least in November. I don't know why, but I'd just rather have it closer to my wedding. I hope they don't want to end up doing the bachelorette party that early.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I really liked that thread, too. That was the first time I'd ventured over to SB other than to lurk occasionally. I'm a really judgmental person, so I suppose that's the big thing I'd get judged for. I feel like the rest is little stuff haha. 

Tex, I know what you mean about people wanting you to pick everything. My bridesmaids were like that too. I didn't care what they did about hair or makeup, but they were like "Well, what hairstyles do you like? What color eye shadows? Should I wear my hair up? Are these shoes okay?" I wanted to scream "I don't care!" all day long the week of the wedding haha.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:89f12f3e-cef0-4ce8-ae5e-105545b3ff51">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Texas, that's annoying about your FMIL adding a guest at the last minute. It's great that you're so chill about it. My inner bridezilla was kind of showing today. My mom mentioned that the shower is probably going to be at the end of October and I was kind of like, "Um, why? The wedding isn't until January, that seems too early." I know, I know... I have no say in anything shower related, but I wish it were at least in November. I don't know why, but I'd just rather have it closer to my wedding. I hope they don't want to end up doing the bachelorette party that early.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Alcohol helped the chillness lol.  </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:89f12f3e-cef0-4ce8-ae5e-105545b3ff51">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Texas, that's annoying about your FMIL adding a guest at the last minute. It's great that you're so chill about it. My inner bridezilla was kind of showing today. My mom mentioned that the shower is probably going to be at the end of October and I was kind of like, "Um, why? The wedding isn't until January, that seems too early." I know, I know... I have no say in anything shower related, but I wish it were at least in November. I don't know why, but I'd just rather have it closer to my wedding. I hope they don't want to end up doing the bachelorette party that early.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I pretty much planned all my own showers. Sometimes it's just a lot easier to be involved than not, and the ladies hosting them just wanted me to like it because they know how picky I am, lol. FWIW, I don't think October is too early. I think that's a good distance from holidays and from the wedding. </div>
  • Options
    Tex, sorry you're dealing with that! I hope everyone leaves you alone and the rest of the week flys by for ya!
  • Options
    I only have two BMs, and one of them is my BFF/MOH.  She already had arrangements for her hair and makeup.  I told the BMs whatever they are comfortable with.  
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Leisel, yeah, I think the holidays are why they're doing it then. My MOH told my mom she doesn't want it too close to Christmas because then people might be stingy on my gifts, lol.

I told her I want to know when and where it is, but nothing else.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:9eb1dbe9-607d-4555-8c48-903d17c6b591">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tex, sorry you're dealing with that! I hope everyone leaves you alone and the rest of the week flys by for ya!
    Posted by sarabear23[/QUOTE]

<div>My MOH and I are having a "girls night" tomorrow, and she is taking away my phone, so I don't have to deal with it.  </div>
  • Options
    Good MOH! 

I didn't have a bach party since my bff had surgery 2 weeks before my wedding. I didn't want to do it without her. If I get married again, I'm having a huge kickass party, and doing a pole dance class. haha
  • Options
    I was thinking the same thing about gifts, Angel, haha. 
  • Options
    My bach party was pretty low key. We went out and whatnot, but it was only 5 of us and we were all exhausted by like 1 am, haha. It was still fun getting dressed up :)

Hooters bride's bach is Thursday and she invited me. Not sure if I'm going though. This is actually her second bach party. Her first was a three day long trip to Chicago involving a Cubs game, spa day, shopping trip, lots of dining out, drinking, strippers, etc. But apparently they didn't get to play games! So she had to have a second one. Ugh. 
  • Options
    angelstar975angelstar975 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I'm so excited to sleep in tomorrow! It's been awhile, since I worked all last week and then was at the shore all weekend. I can never sleep late down there.. I wake up at like 9:30 at the latest. Not that that's the crack of dawn or anything, but I just love sleeping until I really want to wake up.

ETA - Leisel, when is this wedding? I can't wait until it's over, for your sake.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hello-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:f6080f79-441f-4fc9-bcb5-7d1ab7014694Post:b92f5633-c7c6-42aa-bd71-7ab10609257c">Re: Hello?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My bach party was pretty low key. We went out and whatnot, but it was only 5 of us and we were all exhausted by like 1 am, haha. It was still fun getting dressed up :) Hooters bride's bach is Thursday and she invited me. Not sure if I'm going though. This is actually her second bach party. Her first was a three day long trip to Chicago involving a Cubs game, spa day, shopping trip, lots of dining out, drinking, strippers, etc. But apparently they didn't get to play games! So she had to have a second one. Ugh. 
    Posted by LeiselEB[/QUOTE]

<div>I know many have said this, but Hooters bride sounds like a peach.  </div>
  • Options
    Thank the Lord the wedding is this Saturday. This wedding is exhausting me haha. I can't wait for it to be over. But I just know the stupid bride will then tell me all the things she likes better about her wedding compared to mine. I can't stand this girl anymore. Aaaand on that note, I'm heading to bed. Goodnight everyone!
  • Options
    Hooters bride sounds like a big AW. I couldn't deal with her!
  • Options
    Night Leisel!

Time for me to head out as well, night ladies!
  • Options
    Night Leisel and Angel!
  • Options
    Night everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards